Chapter 42:  A Mother's Undeniable Instinct towards Her Dear Daughter

>> Days passed.

Fyrnyr haven't been visited Phyra for the reason she needs to help in the village as Obadiah felt sick. Helping Isaac to maintain everything as the next elder got her time to hold onto that fact.

But one day...

"... Help... help me... someone, papa... forget me not..."

From time to time, Fyrnyr hear those thoughts out. For some reason she felt uncertain through the days passing. Fyrnyr is longing for Phyra, because of the time she hasn't been had to take care of her.

"... How does Phyra doing? I hope she's fine. Paul did promise to visit here from time to time. I wanna embrace her..."

A longing feeling of a mother to her daughter is unbreakable. She couldn't deny the feeling; Fyrnyr really is longing to see her child.

She wanted Paul to stay here together with Efnir. It would be good for him to go here and live together. Phyra is inseparable on him, after all.

From time to time, the unease feeling grew further. It's like a dark and enormous thing crawling inside her. Fyrnyr felt that there's something wrong as the days passing.

In the race of dragons, relatives can sense stronger their blood related ones other than others. Their strong blood relation binds them together as one.

And right now, what instinct Fyrnyr does have isn't a good thing.

"... Papa, please help me! Papa... papa... papa... papa!"

Echoing inside her mind like a rolling stone, Fyrnyr keeps hearing those words. The words seeking for refuge, seeking for redeem to this moment, the feeling of someone in need of help.

The instinct she has, as the mother felt something strange happen.

"... Phyra!"

In the middle of the night, Fyrnyr suddenly woke up.

Trickle of sweat glimmer on her forehead, as it flows down on the silky skin showing up with the faint scale sparkling over.

Her throat is dry; her heart thumps fast. This isn't a normal feeling. Fyrnyr's hitch, it's something a mother would feel to tell that something worst is happening.

Yet, she couldn't tell clearly; Fyrnyr couldn't tell clearly about it. Her instinct dictates something worse. She could feel it, rushing onto the flesh and bones, nurturing deeply.

"... I wanna see Phyra."

In the middle of the night she leaves the village. With the horse she carried out, Fyrnyr ride off for not to get any attention.

Galloping in the middle of the soiled road, Fyrnyr's feelings become stronger 'bout her guts. Thumps on her chest won't subside; the feeling of being unstable unless she sees Phyra never ends.

Her feelings give anxious answer than anything. Thunder clouds are forming above the dark sky. It rumbling, giving a strobe lights in the night.

Like those lightning gives way, so as her intense and unsettled feeling to see Phyra never ends. Fyrnyr holds onto the lace of the horse as she gives command. The coldness of wind tries to hold onto her body. Since she's a cold-blooded creature, temperatures on the surroundings taunt her fully.

"... Damn it! Please, God! If you're listening... let my daughter be safe! Please!"

Roaring by the sound of thunder, Fyrnyr gives the command of the horse to move further. A long distance travel it seems, but for the sake of the dear child she carries out it would be a little sacrifice.

"... Come on! Please! Hurry up! Hurry up!"

The movement of the horse speeds up even more as Fyrnyr humps over. The frequent feeling of a mother to see her child keeps through. Her feelings are like a raging storm, bursting inside and unsettling until she confirms that everything's fine.

A few hours passed, and Fyrnyr saw the fortress of the town. From afar, her feeling unchanged... no, it gets even worse.

Her hitch stirs out; there's something bizarre happen.

Sneaking over, the gate is already closed. Fyrnyr couldn't pass onto the town without anyone noticing. She must need to confirm everything. As she gets closer, the presence of her child suddenly vanished and that thought made her hitch gone right.

"... She's not here... why?"

The baffled feeling stopped her. Fyrnyr goes down on the horse and looked at the fortress. "... What's the meaning of this? Why? Why?"

Asking that out, Fyrnyr goes near the fortress. Spreading her wings out, Fyrnyr then soar up the sky with a speed of Mach 2 to hide her presence amongst the guards standing on their post

Gliding up, Fyrnyr feel the pressure up through, hiding in the clouds as thunders and lightning rumbling. Until she secures that everything goes smoothly, Fyrnyr flew above the clouds to hide.

Pointing up the place where Paul is, she then glided down in a speed of lightning to the road. As soon as she got off the place where Paul is, Fyrnyr stands in the porch to knock, when suddenly...

"... Paul..." the door opens wide.

Back there, Paul stands with bafflement on his face. Seeing Fyrnyr right this instant made him froze where he is standing.

His eyes show reluctance to look, yet, tears burst on his eyes. "... You, the girl in my dream... you are... Phyra?"

Calling that name, Fyrnyr got astonished. What's the meaning of that? Phyra? Her? Why?

"Phyra? I'm not Phyra... I'm Fyrnyr—-"

Without letting her finish, Paul reached out and embraces her tight. "... Phyra... Phyra."

Calling that name, his body trembled. In a flabbergast situation, Fyrnyr remained standing. Through that, her eyes then turn at the entrance where Efnir stands.

Her face shows deep sorrow and anxiousness. Fyrnyr couldn't contemplate completely, why did this man called the name of her daughter?

What's the reason? That remained mysterious until then after.