Chapter 29:  An Admiring Feeling of An Elf towards Her Yearned Mentor

>> "—-There are only two things I want you to remember: First, I don't need anyone to be burden in my mission; second: If ever anything happens to me, I want you to live for my sake.—-"

Those words Lyra suddenly remembered, as she come back from the church of Cleric after accepting the blessing of Nella, the priest who gives the power to her.

Walking along the road filled with townspeople, the time she came here with someone whom she familiarized with suddenly came up through. A vague memory she had with, the person whom she learned to love.

That's right, as Lyra looked at the father and daughter buying some stuffs at the market area, she remembered clearly how does the feeling she had once with Elver.

Elver is a good person. Though, people would ever known him for the grim reaper of the war, she never seen him as a bad man. His eyes were so gentle and his smile gives warmth to her.

Lyra was 9 years old when her village was attacked by the militia of orcs. The whole village was been left to the women since men are hunting for their food. Despite of being half breed, Lyra lived peacefully towards the village with other people.

The village of F'nir, located at the bounds of Kingdom of Linzburk and Tophet where demons, humans and other races lived peacefully. Lyra is just an ordinary girl like anyone else. Her father, Juno, is an adventurer, which meets the betrothed and her mother, Qimar, the dark elf who was used to be the cleric of adventurers.

Qimar's father, K'lan, the elder and chief of the village, as well the entire village didn't accept the marriage between her and the mortal and for that, they decided to flee and live in another place.

For the reason Juno wanted give Qimar and his child a better life, he did go on a quest to find strong beasts, accepting any request coming from the guild.

Lyra was 6 years old, and living a normal life when the bad news came up that her father died in the quest of defeating the dragon. The queen of Apocalypse according to the myth, and has the huge bounty, the crimson Fyrnyr.

Qimir had a breakdown after knowing what happened to her husband. Lyra didn't expect that to happen, for she knew Juno was a strong adventurer. Befalling upon the misfortune, Qimir then remembers the curse the entire village given upon her that a woe will come if she come to live and left the village.

That made Qimir fall upon the breakdown itself, leaving the young Lyra living on its own. Lyra took care of her mother who fell ill. Since financial isn't stable as her father died, she can't afford to let Qimir have a proper medicinal checkup.

Yet, as the young Lyra keeps living, she did hard work for Qimir's sake. Qimir didn't recover from the illness, and become a huge burden for her child.

But Lyra did believe that her mother will recover soon. She believed, and wishing that her mother will come back from the way how she is.

3 years passed, and Qimir passed away leaving Lyra all alone. The entire village adopted her and attends her needs from time to time. Her grandfather, who is the elder of the village of dark elves and the others tried to take custody for the young girl.

Lyra did refuse the offer and still stick to the village. She learned that her mother is an outcast to the village, disowning by her own grandfather.

Such rage comes up to the young girl and sworn not to get attention to anyone from the village. "For the sake of mom, I won't go and bow to you." That's the only word she speaks out loud.

Days after, a sudden encounter from the militia of orcs ambushed the village of F'nir. In the middle of the night the beasts attacks, had their way to rampage and pillage up the whole place.