Chapter 55:  The Reason a White Dragon Tagged With Me.

>> We entered inside the shop after the small greeting (more I feel like interrogation) from Efnir and Phyra.

What happened as the girl says something exploited makes everything gone mess. "... By the way, I'm Glacia and the next ruler of the village of the Snow dragons in the alps of Nix."

Introducing her while clinging at me made Efnir's expression more rigid. Phyra seemed troubled thoroughly as she sees Glacia latching at me. "... And you," the girl named Glacia utters out to Phyra.

"... She's my daughter." I answered. From what I've said, Glacia look astounded at me. Efnir nods after. "Your daughter?" she asked out.

"Yeah, more or less... Phyra's my daughter." With a bit of reluctance, Glacia loosened her grip from me. She seemed baffled out from what I said right now.

"... No way, you have a daughter as the same age as me?" having her hands wrapped around, Glacia fiercely glance at my way. "... Huh...? What—-"

"... Papa." Phyra goes beside me and clings to my arms after. "Papa is Phyra's papa. Phyra is papa's only daughter." She scowled out. Efnir, who can't comprehend another thing about this, heaves an exasperated sigh.

"... Huh...?" Glacia just baffled completely from what she have learned. "You get it, don't you?" Efnir interjects in. Glacia took a glance at Efnir and to Phyra, and finally, she looks at me.

"... What the...?" out circumstances she learns, Glacia loose her composure. She might not be expecting this matter. "And now, your explanation?" suddenly, Efnir look at me as her eyes still show with disdain.

"... Uh, yeah... but for now, I feel hungry. Let's eat dinner, shall we?" asking that out, Efnir heaves a deep, exasperating sigh even more as she shrugs and go to the kitchen.

Phyra let go of her latching and follows Efnir. "White dragon." She calls out. "... Huh...?" Glacia calls out. "You will be joining in the dinner, please take a bath first."

Hearing that, Glacia glances at me. "Oh, yeah... I will point you out where the bathroom is." Grabbing her hand, we went over the bathroom. "Here... you can go and take a bath." I answered as we arrive at the open bath area.

"... Won't you go (take a bath) with me?" she asked, with a dejected looks on her eyes. "... Huh...? Ah, it's not a good idea at all—-"

Holding my wrist, Glacia looked at me. "Please...?"

Damn this brat. I thought she's meek, but now she's showing needy attitude. "But you see I can't join because you're already an adolescent now. Tagging with the man like me will be bad."

With apologetic demeanor, I speak wholeheartedly about the situation. "... Please, dad?" Glacia glance at me. Damn it! She's too pushy and wanted me to commit a forbidden relationship. "I got it." heaving an exasperated sigh, I reluctantly follow her. But wait, she called me 'dad'?

As soon as she takes off the linen tattered shirt and skirt, what remains are the bandages showing up with battered dirt and dried blood attaching to her body.

It seems that Glacia really is beaten up. Sitting on the stool, I scoop water from the wooden dipper and splashes in her body. The dirt and dust attaches on her body waved out through. "It's cold~" Glacia murmurs as her small body shivers.

Taking off the bandages, I saw the wound she received. It's quite deep, and it might leave a scar when healed. "... I was chasing by the orcs who invade the village."

In the silence, Glacia speaks. Her voice fills out with fear and fret while telling the tale. "They say that the Snow dragons will be the ultimate weapon they seek to invade human civilizations."

Adding that, I pour water on her head. Her pure white, yet scruffy hair becomes wet and dripped down. From the way the dirt and dusts washes away, her skin glows as pure as snow under the moonlight, and the candles lit up around. She has a beautiful skin, and pair of budding bosom.

"... I was the only one who managed to go away. But then, orcs found and confront me..."

As she continues, Glacia look into my eyes. Her eyes show deep despair and sorrow, as she tries to tell me 'help' and reach out. Through that, I just can't do anything but to stare back.

"... I should wash your body properly." Taking the scrubber, I pour a liquid soap and scrub her body gently. Glacia didn't say anything at all as I keep washing her. "... Paul, is your name...?" suddenly she asked out.

"... Yeah, I'm Paul." I answered. That then, she shows a faint smile at me. "... I'm glad to meet you, Paul." Murmuring that, Glacia then averts her eyes off from me.

I rinse her body after and apply shampoo on her hair. Then after that, I let her leave first the bath as I wash off. After few moments, I leave the bath and change clothes to go in the dining room.

I saw Glacia and Phyra sitting on the opposite side. She's wearing the dress Efnir made for Phyra that happened to be same size. "... Phyra lends dress to her, papa."

Phyra utters to me. Then Efnir serves the soup and bread, as well as the melted cheese she prepares tonight. "The usual..." she murmurs.

I sit onto the chair I usually sit. Efnir follows after. The whole table becomes quiet; no one dares to speak out. "... Uh," I mumbled. "... What explanation you wanna say?" Efnir started.

Heaving a sigh, I look at her eyes. "... Lenir, that goddess gave me a task: to find the white dragon, to find Glacia and take her in my custody"

Stating it out, Glacia looks at me as she wanna say something. "Papa..." Phyra calls out. "... And like Phyra, I wanna take her under my care for the meantime."

Efnir, still having a rigid expression, turns soft after hearing me out. "It might be unusual but I don't plan to marry her or anything. She's still young... and quite... like the same age as Phyra."

Adding that statement, Glacia's look become sullen after as she nods; might be, she's thinking that I will go beyond what's she's trying to expect me to.

"Is that true? Seems that the white dragon here—-"

"—- ... I'm Glacia, Wyvern." Uttering out, Glacia took a glance at Efnir. That moment she was addressed by that, Efnir scowled out. "Hey, stop it. You two, especially, you, Efnir."

I arbitrated between the two. Glacia still glances at Efnir, as Efnir diverts her eyes off. "If I'm being a hassle here, I won't plan to stay too long."

"You're not a hassle here. Just stay for the meantime until we can find a way to get you back home."

I mean no ill to those words, but seem that Efnir doesn't show any reassurance through this matter. Phyra silently just look at us after that.

"... If you impose no harm, then it's fine for me as well. I can't just chase away what Mr. Paul saves, though."

Efnir speaks, but somehow it imposes a little hesitation from that word. However, Glacia thought that it might not be really wholeheartedly kept up, so she just remains sullen.

"... It would be good for Phyra to have a companion her age, after all." She added. Efnir flustered after saying those words. I do nod at her statement, since I also think the same way.

"Okay," Glacia reluctantly answered. She shows bashfulness over that answer, might that be, she's wanna be with friends with Efnir as well.

"... It's a pleasure to meet Glacia, name's Phyra..." Phyra introduces herself after and smiles. "Yeah, nice to meet you, Phyra." Glacia utters and smiles after.

Seems that the misunderstanding ends here and all end well; I hope that everyone gets along.

For that night I come home from the caravan, another family member comes into this house. A family member I wanna treat equally like my dragon daughter. And that will be happen right away.

But then, I never had an idea that there's something will happen soon enough. The never expected thing that I, didn't even thought to happen.