Chapter 2-sorvete

Wednesday 14th October

At 8am my alarm rings which causes me to wake up. It's just a normal Wednesday today. I still like to be a routine even though I'm not in school. I graduated last summer and now I just take care of my sister.

I wanted to go college an become a therapist because I like helping people. However, that just isn't the case. I havent been able to go to college because simply mum can't pay.

I sit up and switch my alarm off and see that Alannah had climbed into bed beside me. I smile and then gently take her small arm from around my arm.

I climb out of bed and head into the bathroom to shower.

I promised Alannah we could go out today.

I then quickly get changed into jeans and a cable knit sweater and put on a little bit of makeup.

After putting my socks on I head over to my bed where Alannah laid still fast to sleep. I sit down beside her and gently start to shake her.

"Alannah" I call and she stirs.

"Mommy" she calls and wraps her arms around me. I sigh not wanting to upset her by telling her to stop calling me her mom.

"You know you cant call me that bubba" I say and kiss her forehead.

"She was mean to me last night" she says. I kiss her cheek and hold her hands. She's on about my mom. Well, our mom. Our mom doesn't really talk to Alannah never mind treat her like the child she is.

"I know, do you want to go out for breakfast" I ask and she nods. I gently pull her upwards and take her hand to lead her to her room. She only ever climbs into bed with me when she has a nightmare or when my mom apparently goes to visit her once she finishes work.

Its funny because my mom is a surgeon so she's was hardly at home. She used to be at home more but when dad left she started working lots more.

My mom gives me as much money as she can. She feels bad about not being to pay for my college tuition.

My mom acts very different towards me compared to Alannah. Shes horrible to Alannah, she  makes her cry. She makes Alannah believe every slight incident is her fault. It's not fair and that's why Alannah calls me mom sometimes. Mom gives me money to do the food shopping, literally anything.

After choosing out a white top and some dungarees I follow Alannah to the bathroom.

Once shes in there I watch her brush her teeth and help her when she needs it. I clean her face and then help her get changed. Once Alannah is changed I make her bed and then we sit on her bed and I brush her hair. After brushing her hair I put her hair into two small little space buns.

After doing her hair I put her hair brush down. I put some socks on her and then put some ankle boots on her. Once shes ready I put some shoes on and then grab my bag. I gently put my phone into my bag.

We walk to a cafe. I carried Alannah there because her little legs couldn't really handle walking all the way. It was about a ten minute walk which was entertained by Alannah talking about a new toy she really wanted.

When we get to the cafe I sit her down on a chair. I sit opposite her and then look over the menu. I know straight away what Alannah is going to have.

I continue to look for myself. I find a smoothie bowl with oats and frozen fruit. I go against wanting to order myself an iced coffee and decide to stay healthy and have some water.

"What are you having?" I ask Alannah.

"Pancakes" she squeals and I laugh softly as we get a few random stares. I don't really care what other people look at, she's three.