Chapter 4- Dia De Piscina

Lara's POV
When I wake up it was about 5am. I had gotten about four hours of sleep last night.

Carter was no longer by my side. Me and Carter had gotten quite close since I got here. I've been very open with him about all the troubles I've had and he's very understanding about it.

I got out of bed and made my bed. I head over to my window chair. I wrap my blanket around me and go on my laptop.

I never told my dad about wanting to go to college because I know he'll help me but I don't want to leave Alannah home. She's s adjusted to our new homes but I cannot leave her for too long. So most mornings when I wake up I do some studying and reading.

About half six I put my laptop away and watched the sunrise. I tend to watch the sunrise most mornings when I'm awake.

After watching the sun rise I head in to mine and Alannah's joint bathroom. I have a shower.

After my shower I blow dry and straighten my hair. After I did my hair I got dressed. I put on my green high waisted bikini, but obviously to go for breakfast I can't go down in a bikini. I put on some light blue denim shorts.

Someone knocks on the door and I have a feeling it's a maid asking what I want for breakfast. I open the door to see a maid standing there.

"Bom Dia miss Fernandez." She says smiling.

"Bom Dia Ana." I say which is good morning in Portuguese.

"O que posso trazer para o café da manhã?" (What can I get you for breakfast) she says smiling kindly.

"Eu e Alannah vamos comer uma tigela de açaí com granola, por favor." (me and Alannah will have and Acai bowl with granola please) I say and she nods and smiles.

"Obrigado." I say and she says a quick bye before leaving.

I fold up my throw blanket and put my laptop on my vanity unit. I then head out of my room, closing the door behind me.

I walk to Carter's room which is a bit away. I peek open the door to see him still fast to sleep. I roll my eyes at the lazy boy infront of me.

I step into his room and close the door behind me. I slowly wander over to his bed.

I click my fingers in front of his face but he doesn't even flinch. I take a few steps back before then diving on him causing him to jolt up.

"Lara what the hell I was sleeping." He says and rolls on to his side.

"Wait. That didn't even hurt? I just dived on you what the hell?" I say and he sighs and sits up.

"Lara, darling, you arent even heavy, I've lifted heavier in the gym." He says and I roll my eyes.

I pull the comforter back and climb into bed beside him.

"You look nice, where are you going?" He asks as I put my head on the chest.

"Me and Alannah are probably going to have a pool day." I say and he nods.

"How well did you sleep last night?" He asks when I finish yawning.

"I had about four hours sleep." I say and he nods. Which is pretty good in my books.

"That's good for you." He says and I nod, resting my head on his chest.

At about 8am we crawl out of bed. I say goodbye to Carter then head to Alannah's room where I then wake her up.

We sat there for about half an hour talking about what swimming costume Alannah should wear swimming today.