Chapter 9- A Direita

A couple days later, monday 13th July.

I wake up this morning next to Carter in his bed. I had been sneaking in almost every night to get a little bit of sleep. I check Carters phone to see it was 6am. I groan and put his phone down before trying to get out of bed.

"Where do you think you're going?" Carter asks grabbing my arm.

"I'm going back to my room. I have a new positive attitude today that I'm going to put into use." I say and he furrows his eyebrows.

"Alright then. I'll see you at breakfast." He says and I nod smiling.

I walk back to my room when I bump into someone.

"Good morning." That familiar raspy morning voice says.

"Morning." I say smiling.

"Where you sneaking from?" He asks and I cross my arms across my chest.

"Carter's room." I say and he nods.

"What are you doing up this early?" He asks and I run a hand over my face.

"I could ask you the same thing." I say and he chuckles.

"Don't you remember I wake up at 6am every morning." He says and then I remember.

"Oh yeah." I say and start laughing.

"What about you? You don't strike me as the type to run away after a long night." He says confused.

"Oh my god no that not it. Me and Carter are only friends. Strictly friends. Nothing going on there at all." I say and he laughs softly.

"I was joking Lara." He says then smiles and walks past.

"Lara." He says making me stop in my tracks and turn away.

"Have you, you know since us." He says and I look at him confused.

"Not that it's any of your concern but no I haven't." I say and he nods. I turn back around and head to my room.

I don't stop to ask him because I already know his answer. I'm not an idiot.

I get to my room and have a shower straight away.

Once I get out of the shower I blow dry and straighten my hair. I choose out a business outfit for today.

Nothing has really updated over the past 9 days. It's been really slow moving. And I've decided that I'm finally going to get involved into this mafia business.

I can't keep playing on the sides, it's just as dangerous.

If I get involved I have a say and I can help. I started by apologising to everyone yesterday for my behaviour recently. Almost everyone said they totally understand.

I chose out my outfit then did my makeup. I done my makeup natural like I always do. I then get dressed into a formal jumpsuit.

I choose out my black Saint Laurent heels and put them on. I put on the necklace Carter gave to me the other night and spray some perfume before walking out of my room.

"Woah Lara where are you going?" Matteo says as we meet at the top of the stairs.

"I need to talk to my father and Marco this morning." I say and he nods.

"Well you look amazing." He says and I smile.

"Thanks." I say as he walks into the dinning room.

I head to dads office and walk in straight away. Both dad and Marco were sat there talking.