Chapter 28- Ação de graças

James^^

Lara's pov
I wake up to my alarm ringing. I quickly switch it off and realise I've had about 2 hours sleep. I sit up and decide to leave Alannah asleep.

Today is Thanksgiving so that means Nicole and David aren't working.

I stand up and head through the bathroom to James room to see if he was awake.

There was no surprise when I saw he was still asleep.

I get back into bed and text Jax a good morning text before scrolling through my phone for a bit.

At about 9am someome knocks on my door. "Yeah." I say loud enough for them to hear.

"Breakfast is done." Nicole says.

"Okay thank you." I say and she smiles. I then wake Alannah up and we head downstairs.

"Manha!" Alannah exclaims when we walk into the dinning room.

She sits beside me and a few minutes later James walks into the dinning room yawning.

"Morning." Nicole says and he smiles and sits down with us.

We make small talk at breakfast and then David tells us him and Nicole are going to get Grandma Dee.

Once they leave we head up to my room. I make the bed quickly and we all sit on the bed.

"I'm going to get ready quickly." I say leaving James and Alannah on my bed.

I have a quick shower. Once I get out of the shower I get dressed into a cute green dress with white polka dots. Once I'm dressed I take my hair out of its messy bun and head into my room.

James then goes to get ready and I straighten my hair.

I finish straightening my hair and do my makeup. Whilst I do my makeup James gets Alannah clean.

Once I finish my makeup I brush my hair one more time.

I go to the wardrobe and take out Alannah's new dress.

Nicole took her shopping on the weekend so she could show her what she wants for Christmas. She also got Alannah a new dress for today. I pair it with some tights and then help her get dressed.

Once she's dressed I brush her hair and kiss her cheek.

She grabs the stuffed animal Jax won for her at the fair last week and we head downstairs with James.

When we get downstairs David walks in the door with Grandma Dee and Nicole behind him. "Theres my favourite grandson." She says and hugs James.

"Hi grandma." He says and she smiles. Once she pulls away and kisses his cheek Alannah goes and hugs her.

David's family will be arriving around 3pm today. David has two brothers. One of his brothers has three girls whereas the other one has a boy and a girl.

I offer to help Nicole multiple times but she declines and tells me to chill in the living room.

James and David are watching the football and Grandma Dee was helping Nicole in the kitchen.

"Where's Alannah?" I ask looking around the living room.

"She was just here on your phone." James says sitting up and looking around.

I walk out of the living room and look around before going to my room where I finally find Alannah on the phone to Jax.

"Mama Jax rang to say Happy Thanksgiving!" Alannah says.