Fifty-eight - Reconciliation

The past few months with Tyro away from them made me realize different things and one was, everyone needs space. Space to cool down, space to think deeply about the situation and their probable reasons, space to reflect of my own action, space to think more logically, space to accept the whole truth and space to heal.

We all need space. And when Tyro finally asked me questions about coming home as he was on the verge of tears slapped me his situation, real hard. I realized that it was so selfish of me to think only how devasted and hurt I am when he and everyone around me is hurting too. It's not that they did it because of boredom. But they did it in accordance of what they are, on their duties... on their positions. It was just me who can't accept it. Who can't accept that this kind of things exist here even though things like those is really inevitable. Maybe I can't just accept it because it was them.

I grew up being on an amiable surrounding that is presented with my father's values and principle. It was just I, who has the nerve to defy him and explore outside our bounderies. And how silly and inconsiderate of me to hear them out. But then again, I'm also afraid. Experiencing new and diffrent things here and them... lying to me made me anxious.

And Tracey was right, that Witch is always right. I trust so easily. And maybe I should consider myself a bit kind too, for I forgive so easily too. But hey, my father always told me back when I was a child that forgiveness is one of the most powerful thing other than love. And when I discovered their other side? It made me think that why shouldn't they just forgive Xavier and Clydeus' mother if she have sinned? Why chastised her for her mistakes? Seeing and hearing her groan in pain as they chastise her... it's just to much for me.

Leaving was my option back then, I can't stand seeing them that back in my mind, I can see how merciless they are at the cell. And if all of us hadn't cooled down? We'll clash with blazing fires around, adding more salt to the wound. And our bond will fell apart. I don't want that to happen, especially when there's something inside that I can't hardly figure out. I just wished that they'll tell me the whole picture now. I'm all ears for forgiveness.

"Mom, I think the meat is burning!"

Naagaw ng atensyon ko ang biglang pagsigaw ni Tyro sa gilid ko. Masyado at ang malalim ang iniisip ko kaya hindi ko na namalayan 'yung niluluto ko. Agad kong in-off ang stove dahil ito ang last batch ng niluluto namin para main course. Tyro requested and suggested that we should prepare their favourites and it's taking too much time even though he's helping me.

"It's not really burnt, Ty. Medyo na-overcooked lang 'tong steak. Kinabahan naman ako sa sinabi mo," ani ko at pinisil ang pisngi niya. Saka ako pumunta sa fridge upang kumuha pang kailangan ko.

Cooking with Tyro is really fun, especially when Tracey is there. Tracey is a great cook and she taught me different dishes and Ty just help 'coz I'm afraid he might wound himself.

"Should I place it on the table now, Mom?" tanong sa akin ni Tyro habang nasa kamay niya ang isang plato na may lamang steak.

"Wow. You have garnished it good, Ty. Sige na, pakilagay na lang sa pwesto ko," sagot ko sa kanya.

Bumalik ako sa ginagawa ko at gumawa ng paborito kong Caesar Salad. Matapos nito ay nilagay ko ito sa mas magandang bowl. Last to prepare is the cookies. Tyro loves cookies when he's drinking milk and I'm sure Clydeus will love this too.

Napangiti ako bigla habang ginagawa ang cookies. Tinawag ko si Tyro noong magc-cut na kami ng shapes ng cookies. Mabuti na lang at may iba't ibang shapes ng cookie cutter dito sa dorm.

"I want the triangle, the circle and the heart shaped cookies! You think Tito Clyde would love this... po?" tanong sa akin ni Tyro habang tinuturo niya 'yung gusto niya. Nilagay ko naman ito sa tray para mai-bake na.