(6) Herbology and DADA

Arrow's POV

Our first class of the day is Herbology. Draco says it boring but then again, almost everything it boring to him.

"Morning everyone. Good morning everyone!" The Professor greeted to get our attention.

"Good morning Professor Sprout." The class replied in unison.

"Welcome to Greenhouse three, second years. Now gather 'round." Her voice is annoyingly loud. "Today we are going to repot mandrakes. Who here can tell me the property of a mandrake root?" Grangers hand shot up. "Yes Miss Granger."

"Mandrake Or mandragora is used to return those who have been petrified to their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The mandrake cries are fatal to anyone who hears it."

"Excellent, ten points to Gryffindor." I rolled my eyes and Draco looked annoyed. "Now as our mandrakes are still only seedlings, their cries won't kill you yet but they could knock you out for several hours which is why I've given each of you a pair of earmuffs for protection. So could you please put them on. Right away!" I picked up the ugly looking earmuffs off the table in front of me. Granger, who is standing beside me, nudged for me to put them on faster as she's already got hers. I refrained myself from getting upset with her.

"Quickly, watch me closely. You grasp your mandrake firmly." She gave a presentation as she talked. "You pull it sharply out of the pot." The cry was unbearable. "An now dunk it down into the other pot and a little sprinkle of soil to keep it warm." Neville passed out once the cry quieted down. "Longbottom been neglecting his earmuffs."

Draco snickered which can be heard audibly. I tried to keep my laughs in. We all copied after Professor Sprout's demonstration and soon the room is filled with the annoying cries of the mandrakes. Draco started messing with his and it bit down on his finger. I couldn't stifle my laughter for that.

*****

Lunch came around quickly. I sat with Draco and our attention snapped up when Weasley's owl came crashing to the table. I laughed along with all the other Slytherins. Suddenly the howler started yelling at Weasley.

"Ronald Weasley! How dare you steal that car! I am absolutely disgusted! Your father is now facing an inquiry at work and it's entirely your fault! If you put another toe out of line we'll bring you straight home!" The voice quieted from a yell. "Oh and Ginny. Congratulations on making Gryffindor. I am so proud." The letter ripped itself up and Weasley looks like he's going to cry.

Lunch finished and Draco was about to drag me off to our class but the trio stepped in.

"Leave her alone, Malfoy." Potter commanded as Granger pulled me away.

"And why should I do that, Potter." Draco snapped, obviously angry.

"You're a bully." Potter stated as he looked my brother in the eye.

"Leave it, Harry." Granger sighed.

I took a seat next to Granger, even though I would much rather sit with Draco. He wants to call it quits on this whole charade but I turned his idea down. We managed to get the entire Slytherin house in on this act. They all think it's hilarious. They even go as far as calling me and outcast or disgrace to the pure-blood lineage for being with the trio. At the end of the day they usually remind me they don't mean it which I know is true.

"Let me introduce you to your new defense against the dark arts teacher. Me." Professor Lockhart made, what he thought, a grand entrance into the classroom from his office. "Gilderoy Lockhart. Order of Merlin, third class, honorary member of the dale force defense league and five times winner of witch weeklys most charming smile award. But I won't talk about that. I didn't get rid of band and banshee by smiling at them." He flashed a horrible smile which all the girls seemed to fawn over. It's disgusting. "I see you've all bought a complete set of my books, well done. Now I thought we'd start today with a little quiz. Nothing to worry about, just to check how well, how much you've taken in."

He handed me a parchment. All the bloody questions are about this idiot. His ego is way to big and that's saying something when you live with Lucius and Draco Malfoy. I looked over to Granger to see what she's writing. She's awfully confident in her work.

Meanwhile mine is still blank. I set my quill down and decided that this is not worth the time. Everyone worked while I'll just sat in my sets unmoving.

"Hardly any of you remember that my favorite color is lilac but Miss Hermione Granger knew that my secret ambition is to rid the world of evil and market my own range of hair care products. Good girl. Now be warned. Is is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizard kind." He tapped a cage with a sheet over it, the cage moved harshly under it. "You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can be for you whilst I am here. I ask you not to scream. It might provoke them!" He lifted the sheet and I snorted at what's inside.

"Cornish pixies" Finnigan stated

"Freshly caught Cornish pixies." A few people let out a laugh at the ridiculous creatures. "Laugh if you will Mr. Finnigan. The pixies can be devilishly tricky little things. Let's see what you make of them." The idiot opened the cage door and they started attacking the room. A few even lifted Neville into the air.

Amongst the chaos Draco grabbed hold of my hand and rushed me out of the room with him. We all hid out in the hallway, waiting for the pixies to be caught.

"You okay, sis?" Draco asked, checking me over. I chuckled and nodded at his concern. "Quidditch tryouts are today. We need to hurry up and get ready."

I laughed once more at my brother. His eagerness to try out for the team dominated his concern for my safety and once again I was being dragged away. That seems to happen a lot.