(39) Dumbledore's End

Arrow

Things are going much better between Draco and I. We are now back to spending almost every minute together. Every time I get the chance I shove Potter, or trip him, anything really.

He didn't get in trouble for what he did which makes my blood boil. If it was anyone else they'd be expelled from the school.

I was peacefully sleeping when someone shook me awake. It's Draco. "It's time." He whispered.

I swiftly got out of my bed as Draco walked out of the room. I put on my black knee high skirt and grey sweater that Draco got me last year.

I tucked my wand into the secret pocket of the skirt. I walked out of the room to see Draco waiting for me. I slightly nodded and the two of us walked out side by side into the hall. It's silent like always during this time of night.

We headed right for the room of requirement. Draco pulled the sheet off the cabinet and backed away as the door opened. Black smoke filled the room and out came Bellatrix and a few other death eaters.

I grabbed Draco's arm and led him away. We went up to the astronomy tower. I ran quickly, wanting to get this over with quicker. We walked up the rounded staircase with our wands at the ready. As soon as Draco and I spotted Dumbledore we pointed the wands towards him.

"Good evening Draco, Arrow." He seems way to calm. I don't doubt that he knows what's happening. The two of us slowly moved closer, not moving our wands. "What brings you here on this fine spring evening?"

"Who else is here? I heard you talking." Draco demanded, as we slowly continued to move.

"I often talk aloud to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful. Have you been whispering to yourself, Draco?" Neither Draco or I answered anything. "Draco...Arrow...you are no assassins."

"How do you know what we are?" I retorted.

"We've done things that would shock you." Draco finished.

"Like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that in return she'd bear a cursed necklace to me? Replacing a bottle of mead with one laced with poison? Forgive me, children. I cannot help feeling these actions are so weak your heart can't really have been in them."

"He trusts us!" I yelled lowering my wand and pulling up the sleeve of my right arm.

"We were chosen!" Draco finished, doing the same action.

Dumbledore looked a bit shocked to see our dark marks. "Then I shall make it easy for you." He lifted his want but in one quick movement Draco muttered 'Exeplliarmus' and the wand flew out of Dumbledore's hand. "Very good. Very good." Draco and I stood, shaking, with our wands pointed at him. I could hear a door open but I didn't move and neither did Draco. "You're not alone. There are others. How?"

Draco was quick to answer. "The vanishing cabinet in the room of requirement. I've been mending it."

"Let me guess. It has a sister. A twin. Must like you do you." Dumbledore responded calmly.

"Borgin and Burkes. They form a passage" I answered. My arm started to grow tired holding it out like this but I can't drop it now.

We're too close.

"Ingenious. Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you."

"We don't want your help!" Draco and I yelled at the same time once more.

"Don't you understand? We have to do this. We have to kill you." I argued.

"Or he's gonna kill us." Draco's voice broke as his eyes filled with tears. We're both visibly shaking as tears filled our eyes.

Bellatrix and the others showed up. We straightened our position. One of us can easily fire at any moment but we're holding back.

"Well, look what we have here." Bellatrix walked up to the two is us and stood in between. "Well done, Draco. You too Arrow." She whispered.

"Good evening, Bellatrix." Even when he's faced with death, he's still polite. "I think introductions are in order, don't you?"

"Love to, Albus, but I'm afraid we're all on a bit of a tight schedule." She then turned to us. "Do it." She whisper yelled.

"They don't have the stomach, just like their father. Let me finish him in my own way." Another one of the death eaters stated.

"No! The Dark Lord was clear, one of the twins is to do it. This is your moment. Do it. Go on, Draco." Draco didn't move so Bellatrix moved onto me. "Arrow, I know you can do it. Now!" He outburst startled me and I shot a spell at Dumbledore. He only stumbled back a bit. "Yes! Finish him!" Bellatrix clapped.

"No" Draco and I lowered our wands to see Snape coming up behind us. Draco pulled me to the side.

"Severus...please." Dumbledore pleaded calmly.

Snape started to raise his wand towards Dumbledore as memories flashed in my mind. Memories of how Voldemort said he would kill Draco and I if we didn't do this.

I looked towards Draco and he got the idea. I pushed Snape out of the way as Draco and I were the ones to raise our wands.

"Avada Kedavra!" We shouted at the same time. Dumbledore went flying back and went over the balcony.

I gasped and hid my face in Draco's chest. He put his hand on my head and kept me close as tears fell. Draco let go as Snape pulled the two of us away. Bellatrix cheered and cast something into the sky.

We quickly ran down the steps and walked out of the building in a large group. Bellatrix destroyed the great hall and all we could was watch. I can hear Draco breathing heavily beside me as he pulled me away from the wreckage.

Snape took us to the forbidden forest and we all ran in the dark towards...Hagrid's hut.

"Hagrid! Hello?" Bellatrix called out to the hut.

"He trusted you!" We turned back to see Potter. If that boy wants to live he needs to leave. I whipped around once more as Bellatrix lit Hagrid's hut on fire. I watched in fear while my aunt cheered and jumped around.

"Go on." Snape commanded to my brother and I. I can hear Potter and Snape behind us but I'm too afraid to turn around. We followed Bellatrix away as I held tightly onto Draco's hand. I'm terrified.

We did as asked and now we must go back and face Voldemort himself.