(40) Voldemort

Arrow

The wizard world is changing, and not for the better. Draco and I have constantly been living in fear of what could happen to us. The manor has been overrun by death eaters and Voldemort. There's nowhere to hide now. There's no where to run without being found.

We all sat in the meeting room. The table full of people chattering about. Draco and I sat between our mother and father, staying silent the entire time. Fearing if we mess up once, we can get killed.

There's woman floating above the table, almost dead. I try not to look at her but with her struggled breaths making their way to my ears, it's impossible.

"Severus. I was beginning to worry you had lost your way." I snapped my gaze to the doorway. Snape looked nervous as well but nowhere as I am. "Come, we've saved you a seat." Voldemort said very softly for the monster he is. Snape's steps filled the now quite room. "You bring news, I trust?"

Snape answered instantly, "It will happen Saturday next, at nightfall."

Yaxley interjected "I've heard differently, my lord. Dawlish, the Auror, has let slip that the Potter boy will not be moved until the 30th of this month. The day before he turns 17."

"This is a false trail. The auror office no longer plays any part in the protection of Harry Potter. Those closest to him believe we have infiltrated the ministry."

"Well, they got that right, haven't they?" One man laughed. A few joined in on his laughter.

"What say you, Pius?" Voldemort asked to the man sitting at the other end of the large table.

"One hears many things, my lord. Whether the truth is among them is not clear."

"Heh. Spoken like a true politician." Voldemort laughed. "You will, I think, prove most useful, Pius. Where will he be taken, the boy?"

Snape was quick to answer once more. "To a safe house. Most likely the home of someone in the Order. I'm told it's been given every manner of protection possible. Once there, it will be impractical to attack him."

Bellatrix cleared her throat so that the attention is now on her. "My lord. I'd like to volunteer myself for this task. I want to kill the boy." A scream was heard in the distance.

"Wormtail!" Voldemort shouted which made me jump slightly. "Have I not spoken to you about keeping our guest quiet?"

"Yes, my lord." Pettigrew stuttered. "Right away my lord."

"As inspiring as I find your bloodlust, Bellatrix, I must be the one to kill Harry Potter." Voldemort stood up which is making my nervousness grow but I remained confident on the surface. I've gotten pretty good at doing that. "But I face an unfortunate complication. That my wand and Potter's share the same core. They are, in some ways, twins. Like Draco and Arrow, different, able to wound each other but not fatally harm one another." He set his wand on the table and walked towards us. "If I am to kill him I must do it with another's wand" He stood directly behind Draco and I. I let go of my brother's hand and stayed frozen in place, staring ahead. "Come, surely one of you would like the honor? What about you, Lucius?"

My father looked...afraid. He looked up at Voldemort you was standing behind my father and I. "My lord?" He whispered.

"My lord." Voldemort mocked. "I require your wand." Voldemort held out his hand but my father hesitated. Voldemort looked to me with an evil glint in his eyes and then back to my father. He shakily pulled out his wand right after and handed it to Voldemort. "Do I detect elm?"

"Yes, my lord." father was quick to answer. Voldemort ran his hands along the wand before snapping it in half, which made my father flinch back.

"And the core?"

"Dragon. ahem. Dragon heartstring, my lord." Voldemort threw the wand onto the table making us all flinch at the noise this time.

He pointed his wand at the woman and brought her over the table. "To those of you who do not know we are joined tonight by Miss Charity Burbage who, until recently, taught at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Her specialty was Muggle Studies." The majority of the table laughed at my old professor. I watched in horror. "It is Miss Burbage's belief that Muggles are not so different from us. She would, given her way, have us mate with them." Bellatrix gagged while everyone else chuckled once more, almost everyone. I may not have agreed with Burbage but she was a great professor. "To her, the mixture of magical and muggle blood is not an abomination but something to be encouraged."

"Severus." She cried. "Severus, please. We're friends."

"Avada Kedavra!" Voldemort shouted and her body came crashing to the table right in front of Draco and I. Now it was my turn to grab my twins hand out of fear. A few tears fell while Draco held his in. "Nagini." A snake slithered onto the table. "Dinner" The snake went right for the woman.

I hid my face in Draco's shoulder as the snack attacked and ate Burbage right in front of us. I can never imagine Monty doing anything like this. My hand went to my snake bracelet as I kept my face hidden.