(30) Year 5

Arrow

Today is the day we leave for Hogwarts to start year 5. Not much happened over summer, well, for Draco and I at least. My mother and father have been busy everyday. A lot of people have been coming to the manor to meet with my father.

During those times I would be outside with Monty, Orion, and Draco. I also heard that Potter used magic outside of Hogwarts. He's going to be in a fire of trouble.

We headed to platform 9 3/4 rather quickly. Draco shoved through the crowd of people as I followed behind him. Him being the taller and stronger one can get crowds of people out of the way faster than I can. In no time we boarded the train and set off for Hogwarts.

Speaking of the taller matter, over the summer Draco grew, a lot. He's just barely 5'10" whereas I'm at a steady 5'6", he makes fun of my height every day. He's also matured quite a bit and that's for the better.

The ride seemed longer than it normally does but when we got off Draco immediately spotted the trio. We started walking a faster pace to catch up to them.

"I'm surprised the Ministry's still letting you walk around free, Potter. Better enjoy it while you can. I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it." Draco got close to Potter but he jumped at my brother. Draco jumped back almost running into me. We started to walk away from him.

"What'd I'd tell you? Complete nutter." I muttered to Crabbe, Goyle, and Draco.

"Just stay away from me!" Potter shouted at us as Weasley held him back. Someone is obviously in a mood today.

•••

The great hall is filled with chatter as everyone ate away.

"Good evening, children. Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleases to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank who'll be taking care of magical creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new defense against the dark arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge and I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck." Umbridge is way to...pink for my liking and she looks way to happy.

"Hey" I felt someone elbow me in the side. It was Draco, I angrily pushed his arm away because that hurt. "What do you think of the new Professor?"

"She looks way too perky. I hate it." I replied and Draco nodded in agreement.

Dumbledore stopped talking when Umbridge stepped forward. "Thank you, headmaster for those kind words of welcome." Ugh, she even sounds annoying and perky. "And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends." She paused for a moment when I heard Fred and George mutter something. "The ministry of magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected, and prune practices that ought to be prohibited." She giggled at the end of her speech and walked back to her seat.

Dumbledore clapped but none of the students really followed. Something is off with this lady, you can see it in her smile.

Dumbledore spoke for a while longer and then we were all dismissed to our houses. I walked through the long and now dimmed halls to the dungeon.

"Why do you think that lady really wants to teach here?" I asked as we continued walking as group.

"What do you mean?" Blaise asked me.

"Just think about it, every new teacher came to Hogwarts for a specific reason. Which is another reason on why we get a new teacher every year. She's got to be here for more than wanting to teach students." I replied, I've got to find out why she's really here because I can tell by her speech it's for more than just educating.