(9) Dueling Club

Draco

After the dream Arrow told me about a while  back. I've been keeping a close eye on her. She didn't want to talk about it anymore and I can understand why. I wouldn't want to talk about it either but I can tell she's leaving something out, something important. I'd rather not question it for her sake.

She hasn't had the dream again since that night and I'm thankful for that. It definitely couldn't have been easy seeing that. We did go find Professor Snape and he gave Arrow a potion that would held her forget the dream and it worked. She hasn't said or known anything about it since.

More mud-bloods were petrified. The school is. officially under attack. Professor Lockhart declared that he was going to host a dueling club. Arrow said we should join because it have us an excuse to fight people. I agreed quickly.

Arrow

Today was the first meeting for the dueling club. I was excited and dragged Draco through the halls to find the room it was being held in. When we finally found it many other students were there as well.

"Gather round students!" Professor Lockhart announced as all the students made their way to the long table. "Can everybody see me? Can everybody hear me? Excellent." He turned around to speak some more. I honestly find this guy annoying. "In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club to train you all up. In case you ever need,  to defend yourselves, as I myself have done on countless occasions." I rolled my eyes at his last comment. I bet this guy runs away from every bit of trouble he faces. "For full details, see my published works." I scoffed, I burned 2 of his books in the fireplace this week and I'm planning on doing more.

He tore off his cape and threw it to a group a girls, disgusting, I bet it's covered in sweat. What do all these girls see in him anyways? It seems that all the girls in this school but me adore his every move.

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape." He said gesturing to the end of the long table. All the students leaned forward to catch a glimpse of Professor Snape. "He had sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration." He sounded way to confident and prideful. "Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your potions master when I'm through with him." Again Lockhart sounded way to confident, like he could actually beat Snape.

The two of them swiftly walked towards each other, not a sound was made. They harshly  raised their wands before bringing them to their sides. They then turned around and started walking away from each other, backs turned. At opposite ends of the table they turned to face each other once more. Professor Lockhart started counting to 3 but before he could react Snape yelled "Expelliarmus" and blasted Lockhart back. He landed with a hard thud and everyone started laughing, the majority being Slytherins, as most of the girls gasped in worry.

"An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind me saying it was pretty obvious what you were about to do and if I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy." Lockhart said walking towards Professor Snape. I rolled my eyes once more, that pathetic excuse for a professor couldn't even beat one of the students if he tried.

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor." Snape bluntly replied.

Lockhart thought for a moment before answering. "An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape! Uh, let's have a volunteer pair." He walked around observing the students before stopping. "Potter, Weasley, how about you?"

"Weasleys wand causes devastation with simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house? Malfoy perhaps?" Snape suggested. With a quick movement he flashed around towards Draco and I and pointed towards the table. Draco and I looked confused as to who he was talking about.  "Draco" he clarified seeing our confusion. He whispered the name though as he is in on the trick we've been playing on almost the entire school but the Slytherins, staff, and, now, the Weasley twins.

The only reason the staff, other than Snape, are involved is because I said I wanted to make friends before they knew I was Malfoy. They believed every word of it.

I pushed Draco up onto the stand with my good arm and watched as he made his way over. He and Potter walked towards each with such intensity.

"Wands at the ready!"

"Scared, Potter?" My brother asked trying to intimidate Potter.

"You wish." He replied with no hesitation.

They turned around and walked away from each other. I sent a thumbs up to Draco and he smiled at me before turning around to face Harry.

"On the count of three cast your charms to disarm your opponent. Only to disarm! We don't want any accidents here." Lockhart announced before the boys started. "One. Two. Thre-"

Before he had a chance to finish Draco shouted "Everte Statum!" Potter went violently flying back. I snickered when he landed. That's got to hurt. The Slytherins burst into laughter while the other houses gasped. Draco looked proud of what he did. Potter got up in one swift movement. He looked angry.

"Rictusempra!" He shouted and this time it was Draco's turn to fly back. He landed with a hard thud and the other 3 houses laughed at him. Snape lifted him up by his collar and pushed him forward.

"Serpensortia!" my twin brother shouted and a snake appeared from his wand. It started hissing and looking for prey.

"Don't move Potter. I'll get rid of it for you." Snape said as he shoved past Draco.

"Allow me Professor Snape." Lockhart interrupted. He blasted the snake but it only sent it flying up and falling back down. It started to hiss even more now.

That's when I heard it. Potter was speaking in parseltounge. The snake started to go after a random student. I can't believe it! Potter is egging the snake on. That's low and I know low. "Saint Potter" is sending a snake after a student. I don't even cross that line and I'm a Malfoy.

Professor Snape started to get nervous and cast  a spell that got rid of the snake. Everyone gasped at Harry and the kid that almost got attacked started to get angry at him. Even Potter looked surprised as to what happened.