(38) I forgive you

Draco

I sat in the part of the castle the party is being held in. Potter and Lovegood walked right past me not even glancing in my direction. I waited for them to be out of sight before revisiting the cabinet. I really should be doing this with Arrow but I can't face her, not now. I pulled the sheet off the cabinet and opened the door. I placed the apple inside and closed the door once more.

I pointed my wand at the cabinet and whispered. "Harmonia Nectere Passus." I opened the door again and the apple is gone. I smiled to my self before repeating the process and opening the door again. This time the apple is inside and it has a bite mark in it.

I walked back through the halls but Filch grabbed a hold of my shirt and dragged me off to where the party is being held.

"Take your hands off me, you filthy Squib!" I demanded trying to get him to get his dirty hands off my expensive suit. He dragged me to the middle of the room as everyone quieted down.

"Professor Slughorn, sir. I just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party." He said kind of proudly. What's he expecting? A medal?

"Okay, okay, I was gatecrashing. Happy?" I said hoping for any favors my way.

Professor Snape stepped up to us, "I'll escort him out."

I broke free of Filch's grasp and stared into Snape's eyes. "Certainly, professor." We walked out together into the hall. "Maybe I did hex that Bell girl. Maybe I didn't. What's it to you?"

Snape shoved me against the wall. "I swore to protect you. I made the unbreakable vow."

"I don't need protection." I responded, rather harshly. "I was chosen for this. Out of all others. Me. And I won't fail him."

"You're forgetting you weren't the only one chosen for this. Where is your sister?"

"I-I don't know. I haven't seen her for 2 days." I looked down to the ground out of guilt.

"You're afraid, Draco. You attempt to conceal it, but it's obvious. Let me assist you. "

"No!" I argued I was chosen. This is my moment." My voice is scarce with each word.

Snape finally let me go and I headed directly for my dorm. Thankfully, I didn't run into arrow.

•••

I revisited the cabinet, this time kicking it up a step. I placed a small white bird inside. It hopped around and made noises as I closed the door.

I spotted a small white feather on my robe and held it up to the light, observing it. I let go of the feather and cast the spell. Upon opening the cabinet I immediately noticed that the bird is gone. I repeated the steps as what I did before with the apple.

It drained a lot of my energy bringing it back. I opened the door and didn't hear the bird. I froze as I spotted it dead. I don't know what to do. I've made a terrible decision.

Arrow

I sat in the great hall and that's when I finally saw him. He looked like an absolute wreck. His hair is a mess and be has bags under his eyes. He's wearing a grey sweater vest over a long sleeved, white button up.

We've both been wearing long sleeves since school started. He started to walk forward but stopped once he spotted Potter, like before. Potter turned around and looked at my brother. Draco turned around and ran out.

I started to stand up but got my robe caught in the bench. The clothes I have on underneath aren't long sleeved so I don't want to take the robe off. I struggled to get it unstuck but once I saw Potter go after Draco I took the robe off leaving it stuck to the bench. I sprinted off in the direction I think Potter and Draco went in.