𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 : the memory he gave me, is precious.

Minho

Jisung looked awfully happy, which didn't really come as a surprise to me. His little smile causing me to calm in more ways than one.

When it came to his newly developed, permanent, ears, I'd honestly half expected them to come out with a new color, but they're still red. Just like they were when he was nothing more than a potion werewolf. Which wasn't exactly a problem, but it just got me thinking.

So now that he'd developed his ears to the lowest standard, they shouldn't be fully functioning like an adult's for a another few days at least.

"Do you feel anything?" I patted his head, feeling a bit more at ease as he seemed to be relaxed now himself.

He looked up at me with his pretty smile, shaking his head no. "Not all." He murmured, snuggling into my chest once more.

I felt myself crack a smile, my heart warming as I watched this small little wolf boy, cuddling up to me. Small ears curled up within themselves, eyes shut softly.

My mate, who now looked a little more like me.

❥ ‑‑‑‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑

It was rather dark in our room now, which led me to believe it was most likely seven or eight o'clock in the evening.

The only thing illuminating the darkness encasing the room would have to be the extremely bright television.

I wasn't really paying attention to it, and I wasn't even sure what was playing on it any more to be frank.

I was just sort of spaced out, not thinking of anything specific per say, but still somehow lost in thought.

I was quite tired, since I'd really only gotten four hours of sleep the night prior. But I didn't wanna go to sleep just yet either. I mean, what if something happens to Jisung? He can't wake me up if something bad happens to him.

I'm a heavy sleeper, so there is no way in hell his silent screaming would even wake me up.

To my surprise, there was a heavy knock at the door, which quickly awoke me from my half lidded state.

"Uh, come in?" I whisper shouted, since I wasn't quite sure if Jisung was awake or not.

The door creaked open, and out popped a little head of hair, which I registered as Nezi.

"Oh, hey nez. Is everything okay?" I asked, looking over towards the short woman.

"Yeah, but I'm heading to the store and need a little help. Taeri went home a few hours ago, and I'd feel a bit bad if I called her to help again. Even now I feel a little guilty asking you but, I really have no other option." She scratched her neck awkwardly, her voice a bit quiet.

"I'd love to help you nezi but, what about Jisung? I can't just leave him alone here." I bit my lip.

I mean I can't even get myself to fall asleep next to him. How am I going to even fathom leaving him alone?

"I'll go with you." A groggy little voice popped into my ear, his soft hair brushing my arm as he lifted his head.

"Oh my goodness." Nezi's hands shot up to her mouth, her eyes big once she'd seen the bright red ears curled upon Jisung's head.

"Oh my ears? Yup! They're slowly but surely coming in." He rubbed his eyes tiredly, sitting up.

My breath hitched, my hands hesitant to grab him.

"Don't worry about me min, I'll be fine. I'm almost positive I can walk now. Plus I've slept for almost ten hours." His voice was quite obviously husky and tired, maybe a little bit more lively than it was before, but it was still evident he wasn't at full health.

"I had the weirdest dream too." He mumbled, though I hadn't heard it.

"Well I guess, the transformation process is almost complete, isn't it?" Nezi checked her phone, realizing the time.

21:04, which meant only seven hours remain before the thirty hours are complete.

well, I guess it wouldn't kill him to try and walk around for a bit. He needs exercise anyways.

Lost in thought considering the pros and cons of bringing him along, the next few words Jisung spoke, surprised me more than I think I've ever been in my life.

"You're right, I do need exercise. Now stop whining and take me with you."

Nezi's eyebrows formed a harsh line, not understanding. I hadn't said a word out loud. Yet Jisung still answered me. He answered my thoughts.

Had he just, read my mind?

Then it dawned on me.

Had he slept for so long, because he was developing the mind link? Can I now speak to Jisung via that mate link? Quickly, I'd decided to test that theory.

sungie? I tried to call out to him. I'd never done something like this before. And in all honesty I didn't even know how, so I was really just winging this.

"Yes Minho?" He answered, but verbally.

I froze.

He didn't even know I was speaking within his mind. But at least I know it works now, and I'm not crazy to say the least. Well, I've assumed it worked, since he did respond.

"Jisung can you do something for me?" I asked, now wanting to see if he could do this too.

"Uh sure?" He looked a little confused.

"Can you close your eyes, and think of something? Push it out from your heart, try and hold it out until it disappears?"

This may have been a rather odd request since there was absolutely no context, but hey, I just wanna see this one thing then I'll tell him why.

He nodded, though his eyebrows gave away his immense uncertainty.

Nothing appeared in my mind at first.

It was very silent, though nezi had stepped in the room, the door closed behind her.

Jisung seemed to be thinking hard, mentally holding out that thought in his hands. Holding it gently, and hesitantly. Like a child holding a fragile glass plate, afraid to even move an inch.

But that's when I felt it. When I saw it.

It wasn't words, not at all. It was a picture. A memory. Though it wasn't what I was expecting. And it made me unexpectedly smile.

The memory was portrayed through Jisung's eyes, and through those pretty almond eyes, I saw myself. I saw myself sitting on the cold cement in front of him, next to a heavy metal door.

It was the day we first met, with all vulnerabilities present. It was the day back at the dance studio. The day I met my best friend.

The day I met Jisung. For real.

🐾
It's a bit short and I'm sorry for that 😔

But! Happy new year everyone! Sorry I went mia again but I've been busy with a few family issues recently. Though, I will be attempting to finish this book at latest, mid February. So look forward to that! Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well and I hope this new year goes well for everyone!