𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 : watchful eyes

Jisung

I quite literally, disoriented.

The request I was given by Minho seemed rather peculiar, and out of the blue. Nezi just sort of stood there up against the door, her eyes showing much interest in whatever we're doing over here.

"Jisung, do you understand what you just did?"

I made an odd face. My eyes squinting, and my eyebrows drawing a harsh line across my face as I looked towards the older. "No, I'm not quite sure I understand. . ."

"The day we met. In the dance studio. When you confronted me about a number of things, and we finally saw past our childish quarreling." Minho suddenly blurted, trying to get his point across without literally pointing it out.

My eyes widened. How did he know that? How did he know what I had though up? That's impossible-

"It's most definitely not impossible, love." He chuckled. "The reason you had slept so deeply for those 10 consecutive hours was because your brain was developing a skill. A skill in which you can transmit certain thoughts to your mate. Do you remember talking about this in class?"

Suddenly, it dawned on me.

I can finally speak to Minho via that infamous mind link all the mated werewolves brag about during werewolf class. I can do this now. This newly obtained skill, confirms I am no longer human.

"So, we can basically talk in each other's heads?" My eyes resembled a doe, my big orbs staring at Minho in a somewhat dumbstruck demeanor.

"In a sense yes." He patted my hand.

I gasped, a giddy smile appearing on my lips.

Mentally, I held out a hand. Reaching farther and farther until I could no longer see my palm. It was faded into a certain darkness I couldn't quite name. But it was comforting, safe, even.

Ducks have three eyelids. I tried to form random thoughts, pushing them through that darkness and into my warm hand.

You're an idiot. Was the answer I was given.

These words just seemed to pop into my head, like magic. Unfathomable, wizardry. Though a fuzziness followed the words and their watery echo as they slowly disappeared back from which they came.

"So. . . Sorry to interrupt but, is there something I'm missing?" Nezi suddenly spoke up, sort of unsure as she'd realized Minho and I had literally been staring at each other for three minutes straight.

"Oh crap, I'm sorry nez." Minho jumped up, snickering to himself. "I'll get Jisung ready, meet you in the living room in five."

"Perfect." Nezi smiled her sweet, understanding smile, before reopening that door to slip away.

"Get me ready? What am I two? I can dress myself dad." I sarcastically commented, sticking my tongue out at my boyfriend.

"Yes my sweet toddler, I know you can." He stuck his tongue out in return. "But I don't want you injuring yourself right now."

"Fair point." I sighed, unwillingly trying to stand.

"Hey Jisung? This might be a little odd to ask, but can you wear this?"

Turning around to face Minho, I looked curiously as to what was in his hand. It was knitted, that's the first thing I registered. Though I wasn't sure what it was until I picked it up.

It was a cream, wool beanie. Warm looking, and probably really soft to the touch. "I mean sure I'll wear it, but what for?"

"Well uh. . . You're ears. They aren't—normal looking, per say. Someone may notice that the ears aren't matured to the usual extent, and it wouldn't be pretty. Let's just say the world already doesn't take kindly to werewolves, let alone humans being turned into ones. There's a reason we have all wolf schools. Ever thought about it that way?" Minho had actually brought up a fair point.

I never really stopped to think why a school populated with only werewolves existed. And it may be a little late for me to realize such a thing since I've been there for months, but I'm not the brightest, okay?

Though I took up Minho's request without question. The reasoning was quite valid, and I wouldn't want anything to happen while we're out. I'd feel terrible.

The little beanie on my head shaped around my tiny ears, looking like the hat itself was sewn to look such a way. It was actually pretty cute if I do say so myself.

And I'd be lying if I said Minho hadn't taken a second to fawn over me like I was some kind of sentimental plushie.

❥ ‑‑‑‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑

"Damnuh" I exaggerated, shoving Minho's head.

"Stop that." He flicked my forearm. Currently we were all walking to the store, Miss Nezi taking the lead for us since this area isn't so clear to either of us.

And right now, Minho is having difficulty allowing me to walk on my own even though I'm clearly not half dead anymore. In fact, this reminded me of something in the past. Back when Taeri had injured me pretty bad, and Minho had to haul me around the entire school almost every class period.

Chuckling, I shook my head. That was merely months ago, wasn't it?

It's crazy how much someone can change once they realize who they truly want to be.

"You good? You look like you're thinking really hard." Minho chuckled, arm around my waist.

"I'm just—reminiscing." I giggled.

"Gross."

"Minho!"

❥ ‑‑‑‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑

After a good forty minutes of being dragged down isle after isle, Having to stop Nezi from buying thirty million bags of chips, and sweets, we had actually retrieved everything on her list. Which was quite a lot if I'm frank. No wonder she asked for help. This shit will most definitely feed her and possibly taeri for at least a week and a half.

the line for the register wasn't exactly long, but it was taking forever.

Minho wasn't paying attention to me as much anymore because he'd come to the conclusion I wouldn't colapse if he let go of me, which I'd been trying to prove for the last hour.

His eyes were fixed on his phone, scrolling through different apps at a pace that made me dizzy so I wasn't to interested in what he was up to.

Nezi seemed to be either texting someone, or looking through her shopping list to double check she hadn't missed anything.

I on the other hand, didn't have much to entertain myself with. I'd left my phone at Nezi's house, not even thinking about it as we'd quickly left to run to the store as fast as possible. Nezi said she wanted at least a little something for dinner, even if it was ten o'clock at night by now.

Though I couldn't help but feel odd.

I felt cold, a shiver traveling up and down my spine. Something felt wrong. Like there was an eerie presence I wasn't expecting.

I felt like someone was watching me.

Someone with piercing eyes, and an innocent smile. Dark hair and a flirtatious attitude. Someone I might have known.

A boy I'd grown to know well.

Or at least, I thought I did.

🐾
Double update double update 👍