𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱 : given a chance

Jisung

The sharp lighting of the morning woke me.

I huffed, rubbing my eyes.

Slowly, I opened my irises to see my surroundings. I was met with little blue ears, and soft breathing.

My expression softened. I'd forgotten he stayed here last night. Everything came flooding back.

Especially. . . when he cried.

I gasped quietly, my gaze falling on the boy curled up in a ball. He was breathing evenly, perfectly comfortable wrapped in his own arms.

He looked so peaceful.

I wondered what would've made him so vulnerable. I'd never seen him in such a state. It made me, sad in some way.

"Jisung!"

"Gah!" I jumped up, throwing my blanket over Minho as fast as I could.

I panicked, my thoughts slipping out of my grasp.

"Yes?!" I moved in front of the older, trying my best to conceal him.

"Hurry up, school starts in 40 minutes!" Chanmi threw the door open.

"Okay Im up!" I shouted, trying to get Minho to stay down.

It was obvious he was awake now.

Chanmi nodded, shutting the door.

I sighed heavily, sliding off the bed.

Minho groaned, sitting up.

The other was quite disheveled, his hair messy, and his ears lazily twitching.

"Ow." The oldest rubbed his head.

"Did I hit you?" I cringed.

He nodded, laughing.

I smiled tiredly, rubbing my eyes again. "Sorry."

"It's alright." He chuckled. "Who was that?"

"Chanmi. That's my sister." I laughed awkwardly. "Sorry I woke you up, you looked like you were having a good dream."

He giggled, "I don't often dream."

"Really?"

He nodded, shrugging. "What time is it?"

"7:20." I spoke nonchalantly.

Minho seemed to stiffen. "I should get home. I need to grab my bag and my uniform." He twitched.

I was a bit startled by the sudden request to leave, but I understood.

I patted him on the shoulder reassuringly. "Just be quick and stay safe." I smiled. "Come, I'll try and get you down stairs without my mom seeing."

"Mind if I just go out the window?" He tilted his head in question.

um. . . what.

"Sorry, what'd you say?"

Is he serious?!

"I'll just slid down the roof onto the driveway. No biggie." He shrugged.

"Easy for you to say." I sighed, dropping my phone on the soft bedsheets. "If you're sure you can then that would probably save a lot of yelling." I rubbed my neck awkwardly.

He laughed. "I'll be fine."

I nodded, watching him unlock the window. He quietly slid it open, slipping out onto the roof.