𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 : Past?

Jisung

Walking to school was a bit of a hassle, and Chanmi definitely had a few panic attacks every time I lost my balance.

Though, I made it in one piece.

I really did enjoy that weekend, and I hoped to stay home a little longer, but that wasn't an option. Sadly.

"Jisung!" Five familiar boys jogged over, two running at full speed.

Chanmi held my hand, stabilizing me as I tried to turn around. I'd be lying if I said my body wasn't stiff as rock. I'm dreadfully sore.

"Hey guys." I offered the smallest of smiles, welcoming hyunjin with open arms.

He look more than anxious, his eyes saying it all. Though he hesitantly wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into the most gentle embrace I've ever been graced with. It was calm, and warm.

"I'm sorry." He uttered, his voice a mere breath against my ear.

I squeezed him with as much strength as my body would allow, which wasn't very much.

He clenched my shirt in return.

"I shouldn't have yelled at you. That was selfish." He muttered, his breath quivering.

"I was never mad at you, don't worry. And, I'm sorry too." I dug my head into the crook of his neck, my voice becoming muffled. "I shouldn't have avoided you or been so oblivious. Are you gonna be okay?"

Hyunjin went quiet.

"As long as I get to see you, I'll be okay." He breathed out. "Someone will fix me eventually."

I couldn't help it. The guilt and worry loomed in my stomach.

It almost felt unfair. He loved me, and he couldn't do a single thing about it. Yet here I was, hugging him with all my strength, his hand clinging to my clothing like he was afraid to let go and look me in the eyes.

"I'm sorry." I felt pricks of tears. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I repeated over and over.

He shushed me, pulling away from his desperate grasp. "Look at me." He said softly.

I sniffled, looking up at him with big eyes.

He smiled, cupping my face.

I stiffened, but allowed him such.

"Please don't cry." His eyes fell upon the fresh bandage. "What happened?" He asked quietly.

Felix concluded his small talk with my sister, turning to look at me.

He gasped, his expression softening. "He's right ji. What happened?"

"It's kind of a long story." I mumbled.

I was about to speak, but a quiet voice caught my attention.

Actually, My hearing had become sharper, and my sense of smell had gotten better as a lingering effect of the potion. The aspects of a wolf still stood within my body, though I no longer hand ears and a tail.

"Hannie?"

I turned around so fast I hurt myself a little. I was excited to hear the voice and thank him again for what he did for me.

"Hey" I smiled, ushering him over. "Come here."

He looked around me, his lips quirking to the right.

He slowly started towards me, and I got the feeling he could help me explain to the curious five before me. Hyunjin held in his sour face, stuffing his hands in his pockets.