𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 : panic

Jisung

I yelped, an immense pain cracking and pricking my fingers.

It was a lot quieter, more of a hiss, but it almost sounded like the lingering end of a firework.

I breathed out, clenching my teeth hard. Inhaling and exhaling in a high pitched manner, causing Minho's eyes to shoot open.

He worriedly scrambled up next to me, grabbing onto my hands.

His eyes darted all over my retracting and squirming body, his breath becoming sharp.

But his touch, brought this immense wave of calm over me, and suddenly I didn't feel any pain.

My breathing calmed, and my body relaxed.

Minho didn't seem to fully understand what was happening to me, but he sighed in relief, kissing my hand.

I finally opened my eyes, not realizing I had been squeezing them shut.

Though I was met with something alarming.

There was this huge transparent wall of shimmering waves, maybe ten feet in height, and 13 feet in width.

I scrambled to my knees, startled.

The wall was beautiful.

But it was painfully obvious that it was out of place. It radiated this kind of energy, but in the moment I couldn't quite think of it.

But as time passed, I realized what I was looking for.

It was like a huge shield of magic energy.

"D-Did I—" I was scared.

Really, scared.

How could this be possible?

I'm not even a pure blood werewolf. I'm a potion werewolf. . .

But I still—

Before I could finish my thought, I noticed the man lying on his side.

I freaked out a bit, falling onto my bum.

His body was emitting steam, twitching ever so slightly every few seconds.

I started hyperventilating a little, Minho immediately pulling me into his arms.

He was quick to place my head in his neck, and kiss the side of my head.

"I hurt him!" I cried, quite frightened of what I had done. "I didn't mean too I—"

Minho hushed me, drawing circles on my back.

He was desperate to calm me. I could tell by the speed of his heart pounding in my ear.

Though, his heart beat was starting to sooth me. It seemed to guide me, as weird as that sounds.

He hummed softly into my ear, which for some odd reason, worked wonders to calm me down.

I sobbed quietly into Minho's shirt, worried I might be in trouble.

"But you saved my mom." He murmured lightly, stopping the pretty sound leaving his lips.

I squirmed a little, hopping he'd continue singing.

He did for a few more seconds, but paused again as he was interrupted. 

". . .Thank you." A very faint whisper filled my ears.

"You saved me, and my daughter." It was Soyi. Though she sounded like she wanted to cry.

I could hear Nezi's heavy breathing, but she seemed to be alright.