𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨 : after high school

Minho

Everyone was asleep by now. Or at least, I thought so.

My mind was wide awake, songs as well as thoughts running circles through my head.

I think all that sugar really woke me up, though it seemed to put everyone else here to sleep real quick.

The living room, everyone except Chan and Felix slept in, was dimly lit by this time of night. The soft light of the moon dripping its way down the curtains onto the glassy white floors interested me, as I stared up at the blank ceiling.

There was nothing to do but sit here and wait for my body to get tired, but it wasn't working one bit.

Hyunjin and seungmin were asleep next to Jisung and I, almost cuddling. But that relationship seemed to be more than obvious. Even if they still attempted to keep it under wraps, it never worked.

Honestly I was happy they got together though. As much as I hated hyunjin for trying to take Jisung, (not in a bad way I know) I still harbored a bit of sympathy for him. I'm just—glad he found someone he can love in that way. And I'm glad it's someone like seungmin.

". . . Minho?" Spoke a tried voice.

I flinched invisibly, looking down at a pair of red ears nuzzling into my waist. "I see you're awake too." I smiled down at the boy, brushing my fingers through his hair. "Did I wake you?"

"No. I've been awake." Jisung sighed as he sat up to begin crawling into my lap. He sat his knees on either side of my hips, and wrapped his arms around my torso before resting his chin softly on my shoulder.

"Min?" He mumbled after a second.

"Yes love?" I locked my hands around his waist, rubbing his back lightly once he'd gotten comfortable.

"I've been thinking a little. Maybe even a bit much. But, I wanted to ask you something." He started.

I kept quiet, the silence telling him I was listening.

"What are you going to do after you graduate? It's coming up min, and I don't really know how I'm going to handle myself since you won't be there anymore." Jisung's voice was quiet, soft like he didn't want me to hear, yet here he was telling me his concern.

"Well to answer your first question, I'm applying to a collage. Chan will be going with me, and I assume Changbin as well. Plus, it's close by the high school so I won't be too far off. The three of us will be majoring in music as well so all of us should be staying together. Those two are dorm mates,  but I'm going to continue to stay where I'm at now to help with my little sister." I looked back up towards the big window allowing my eyes to find the bright crescent moon. "What about you?"

Jisung was silent. "I don't know. Well I'm going to have to go through two whole boring years without you there to make it more fun."

I snickered. "Well at least you're not Jeongin."

"What does that mean?" The younger giggled sitting more comfortably on my lap as he looked up at me.

"The boy has to go a whole year without any one of us. So maybe you should be a bit more greatful." I tapped his forehead, sending him a smug look.

"Oh shut up." He slapped my arm playful.

I smiled, suddenly thinking about something in particular. "Well, I think you forgot a little something."

He lifted his head, looking at me with a question mark hung above his head.

So I decided to remind him, 'I can always talk to you.'

His face lit up, my words clearly popping into his head as I looked at him with nothing more than a smile.

'That's true. But what if something bad happens? Like a repeat of just a few months ago?'  This time, his tender voice echoed into my ears.

'I doubt that. Though if anything does happen, I'm right here.' I caressed his hair, tapping his head with a gentle finger. 'Always.'

"You promise?" He spoke out loud.

"I promise. Now, should we at least try to sleep?" I gave him a soft head Pat before motioning to the makeshift sleeping bags we'd made.

"Sure." Jisung's quiet giggle made my heart flutter for a moment, before I lied down to quickly coddle the smaller in my arms.

"Goodnight sung." I whispered into his ear once I'd gotten comfortable.

"Night min. And thank you. I'm definitely a bit more at ease now."

🐾