𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 : cry

Jisung

It was later in the night, Chanmi was dead asleep across the hall. My mother was tucked away in her room, more than likely knocked out as well.

I couldn't sleep. The rain had indeed begun releasing its rage. It was raining cats and dogs out there, and I'd honestly feel bad for anyone outside.

The house was dead quiet, and it was kind of starting to get on my nerves. No noise at all. No loud sister, and no rowdy mother.

It was rather odd.

I hadn't been up this late in a long time. I guess I finally shook that insomnia.

Well, it's back now.

I hadn't realized I'd broken my habit of sleeping late, or not at all. Forcing my body to wake up early, though I was always so tired.

I haven't realized a lot of things in my life.

It's actually just dawning on me.

I have a good bunch of caring friends, who took me in when I felt alone. And, someone I'd know for a little longer than I thought.

The boy who I unknowingly considered my best friend. The boy who I was never fond of, suddenly became the person I cared for deeply.

It's funny.

A million different thoughts swayed in my quiet mind, as I stared up at the cool darkness of the room.

The little window next to my bed let in just the right amount of light, illuminating the room fairly dimly. But it was calming, nonetheless.

A faint buzz rang in the air, it echoed very lightly, entering my silently ringing ears.

I flipped over, staring at my phone.

Something in my gut told me to pick up that phone quickly. It gave this immense pull and force inside me. Twisting and turning my stomach.

Feeling this, I was very fast to grab the device.

I rubbed my eyes, trying to focus on the screen.

It was a message. From someone I happened to be thinking about.

New message from M!

M🥒

M: Jisung are you home?
M: please answer me

Minho?
Are you alright?
Yes I'm home

M: can you come to the door?

The door?

M: Yes

Like
My door?

M: yes

I furrowed my eyebrows. What could he possibly be trying to say?

I quietly slipped out of bed, rising to the balls of my feet to walk quietly. I creaked open the old door, stepping out into the hall.

The rain pounded against the windows and the roof, a muffled noise.

I hurried down the stairs, walking normally again. No one would be able to hear me upstairs.

I rushed towards the front door, looking thought the peephole. There was someone outside.

I quickly unlocked the door, throwing it open.