𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 : half moon

Later that day

Jisung

It was lunch period, and I wasn't exactly planning on going to the usual lunch table.

I didn't wanna see hyunjin just yet, I needed to pull myself together and talk to him.

But I need to vent first.

Or at least, just get my feelings out.

I wanted to see someone.

In a very specific place.

So I hastily slung my bag over my shoulder, and started for that hidden spot.

The familiar place I found and was consoled within, even if only by sweet words.

The recording studio.

Making sure no one was in sight, I started down the dreaded halls.

I ran past the English class, then the Hangul class, then music.

I came to a screeching halt, grabbing the wall so I wouldn't topple over.

I chuckled a little, sliding my hand onto the slim door handle.

I slipped the door open, and my ears were met with a sweet singing voice.

Love, Love the stars.
Love, Love the moon.

Nothing's really different, it's the same air.
It's the same bed.
Looking at the same ceiling.
Why do I feel so empty for no reason at all, it's been a few hours since I felt I've been spacing out. . .

The voice sang softly and prettily.

He ended on the first verse, and I was slightly scared he'd sensed my presence.

I didn't want it to be over yet, he sounded so calming.

I saw his body, but his head and his torso was covered by a big hoodie and could not be seen.

The actual microphone wasn't on, so his voice was still unclear to me.

He slowly bent down, leaning against the booth door.

"That was beautiful." I breathed out.

It was quiet for a second.

"T-Thank you." He stammered, probably embarrassed. "A-Are you the boy from last week?"

"Yes." I nodded, though he couldn't see.

"Ah, so It's you. Nice to hear your voice again." He sounded as if a smile was present on his lips.

"My voice?"

"Well yeah, I haven't seen you so it'd be weird to say 'nice to see you again'" he snickered.

I smiled, "I guess so."

He hummed. "So, you got any problems today?"

I was a bit shocked. Straight to the point, huh?

I sighed. "I guess you could say it's a small dilemma."

"Go for it."

I took a deep breath, and let it out. "Well, there's this friend I have, and recently he told me he liked me. I flat out avoided the confession and I honestly feel guilty. But, I don't know how to answer him."

There was an agonizing silence.

"Do you like this person in that way as well?" The anonymous male questioned.