Family Ties

Sady pulled up with Ari and Ivy.

Vanessa had decided to stay at home with it being too soon to bring baby Alan out.

The music was already blasting from the backyard as they parked and made their way up the street to the house he sent the address for.

"Hey Tay!" Ari and Ivy nearly said in unison as Ivy pushed past Ari and jumped in Tay's arms.

"Lil Girl you tryna take my man?" Ari sucked her teeth before she started tickling Ivy's sides.

"Hey." Sady light waved as Tay pulled her in for a hug.

Tay and Ari had been a thing for a while now and Sady was just finding out about it. She was happy for her because when they were together Ari never looked happier. She didnt know much about Tay but knew that he and Rico were practically brothers.

Tay kissed Ari before walking back to Sady seeing her look nervous.

"Don't trip. I ain't say anything." He told her as she let out a look of relief.

"Thanks." She told him.

"Look y 'all business is y 'all business. I'm not here to judge but I know my cousin like yo ass fa real. Go in there and mingle or something. " He told her as he looked at Ivy still in his arms.

"Both y 'all." He told her before continuing. "Just mingle a bit and if my aunties start talkin crazy please tell me." He told her as he put Ivy down and pushed Sady towards the porch.

She nodded before walking up the hill to the big porch where the rest of his family stood.

They were all beautiful. 

A big blended family of all different shades of brown.

"Daddy!!" Ivy ran into Rico's arms causing everyone to turn around.

"Baby!" He told her picking her up.

Everyone seemed to look from Ivy to Sady to Rico as if they had needed to explain.

Sady walked up the porch waving as she made her way over to Rico. 

He held Ivy in one arm and pulled Sady by the hand into the house.

"Don't worry bout them. You know they jus nosey. I got someone I want y 'all to meet first."  He told her as he led her to the den where a beautiful chocolate boy with glasses sat reading.

"Quay, come here. I got some people I want you to meet." He said and the little boy sat up smiling,

"Dad is that my sister?!" He said excitedly jumping up from the floor.

"Yes. Her name is Ivy. Ivy this is your brother Quaysean. We just call him Quay." He turned to Ivy putting her down.

"Quay!" She ran to him.

"Ivy!" He hugged her.

It was honestly a cute moment, Sady couldn't even lie.

"Quay this is her mom Sady." Rico told him as Sady bent down to his level.

"Wow, you're really pretty Sady. Just like my sister." He waved at her.

"Thank you handsome." Sady told him lightly pinching his cheek.

Sady's heart melted at how sweet the boy was. 

He was completely different from his father and mother she thought as she smiled.

Quay was a handsome little boy but looking at him he looked like neither Jasmine nor Rico. Sady looked at him and realized he didn't resemble a member of his family that she had seen. She didn't see his mother in him either; Jasmine was light-skinned and about the same height as Sady. She was a little shocked to see that their son together turned out darker than her.

They sat and watched the kids get acquainted with each other as they chatted themselves.

"So how old is he?" She asked Rico.

"Same age as Ivy just a few months older.... I know what you're thinking." He told her catching her off guard.

"Huh? What do you mean?" She asked as she watched them play.

"Quay." He lowered his voice. "Look...We gotta DNA test done last year and I ain't tell nobody in my family yet. He's not mine. Butt.. Shit, I practically raised him and Jas said she doesn't know the dude so ima raise him like he still mine. That lil man love me. I mean I don't fuck wit Jas no more. Her ass always been extra, I'm just tryna take care of shorty but she makes it hard." He explained shaking his head.

"It's fine. I mean I can respect your decision. You love him. You're a good father." She smiled as she grabbed his shoulder.

"I try to be." He told her before a young girl walked up interrupting them.

"Where is my nephew and niece?" She smiled.

"And Sady this is my lil sister Reese. Reese this is Sady. And Ivy is over there with Quay." He told her pointing them out.

"Hey, I'm sorry I'm just so excited." Reese waved and rushed over to the kids.

"She loves kids ?" Sady chuckled.

"Loves, loves kids." He told her as he laughed.

"Sady I want chu to know neither one of us is perfect but Ima be there for y 'all. I hope going forward we can be completely honest about things. My main focus is working with you to help take care of Ivy. And fa real? I'm really sorry for putting my hands on you. I was just sooo..... mad. But I don't regret what happened after. You already know I fuck with you like that. Or at least I try to." He explained.

"I appreciate that. I'm sorry also. I still feel bad about you missing out on her. I can't apologize enough after realizing how selfish I was being. If it makes up for anything she definitely asked about you a lot. It looks like no matter what she was going to be a daddy girl. I mean after seeing you guys together I could never imagine keeping you away. It would crush her.... You know; I was never really trying tryin to keep her away. I just... didn't know what to say. And then time just seemed to pass." She finished.

"I know. Look we ain't gotta talk about that going forward. She's mine and that's it. You were honest, and did the test; not much else I gotta ask cause she looks well taken care of. Just make sure I get to visit and talk to her at least twice a day. I feel like that's a reasonable start until we figure out something more permanent." He told her as they looked back at the kids playing in the den.

"That sounds reasonable." She smiled and nodded in agreement.

If you like this Please Vote, Comment or share.

This story is being updated as it is written

Follow me on IG imtrippinbitch

Follow me on FB at Vanna Boo