Moving on

Please see Joy and Pains Sisters chapter 'Sisters' to see how their night went with their brother.

Sady woke up to Ivy whining again.

It hadn't been a week and she missed her daddy.

"Girl, what is your problem now?" Sady looked to Ivy who was standing in front of her holding her phone.

"I want to go to my daddy's. I miss him and my brother." She pouted.

"Ivy I told you that wouldn't see him for a while. It has only been a few days. You talked to him like literally two days ago." She said pulling herself out of bed.

Last week had been hard on her. She was tired all the time. Ivy constantly wanted her attention and if it wasn't for Vanessa she didn't know how she was managing since she couldn't seem to keep any food down let alone take care of Ivy.

Sady had barely made it to her last doctor's appointment. Of course, she rescheduled it so she could avoid Rico. Her doctor told her both of the babies were doing great and offered to tell her the sex. She declined not as interested as she was previously. Lately, Sady hadn't been too excited about anything and just asked them to send the results to Vanessa who gladly dished out her email to get the results.

Sady had hoped she and Rico could be on speaking terms but every time she thought about what happened she got angry all over again. It didn't help with the constant reminder after looking at their daughter's hair every day. She was starting to feel as if she didn't care anymore about anything as she sat up in bed not even having the energy for the day.

"Girl if you don't get up." Vanessa opened the door not even bothering to knock.

"Nessa I'm tired. Just please let me enjoy this last week before I start working again." Sady whined.

"Girl tired and depressed are two different things. Get up and get your child ready." Vanessa said walking out not even bothering to shut the door. Sady knew this side of Vanessa well and figured she might as well get up before she came back to harass her.

"Why can't I talk to daddy? You said when I was here I could see him way more and, and now I can't even talk to him." Ivy started to cry.

"Please not with this today Ivy. You literally still talk to him. If you keep your iPad charged then you can call him every day on your own. You can call him later okay?" Sady told her. As much as she felt like she needed to keep Rico away it broke her heart to have Ivy cry over him.

Ivy nodded.

"Let's get ready okay? We can eat and then I'll let you try calling him." She told her as she started the water.

After getting ready Sady held onto her word and finally charged Ivy's iPad and called Rico so she could talk to him.

He answered on the first ring. "Baby!" He smiled seeing her face.

"I missed you daddy!" She said with tears almost with tears in her eyes.

"I missed you more. Don't cry okay." He told her sounding sad.

"Mommy says I have to wait to see you. I don't want to wait to see you." Ivy started to cry.

"Baby it'll be okay. You know sometimes mommy is right. Don't cry okay. Look you were able to call me right?" Rico smiled at her as she wiped her face and nodded.

"Well, tell me what you been doing? Why you ain't been charging you iPad?" Rico asked as she walked away with her tablet talking to him.

"Whew." Vanessa walked up to Sady rubbing her shoulder.