Next steps

"You know you don't have to go back to work?" Rico told Sady as she got into the car.

"Yeah but I don't need too much free time on my hands." Sady told him as he nodded on their FaceTime.

It had been a few days since they had run into Rio. Sady knew Rico had a lot on his mind about the situation as much as she didn't want to pry she wanted to know what the hell was going on.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Sady asked Rico as she headed out of her office and headed to her SUV.

"I'm coo. Wassup?" Rico asked her looking as if nothing was on his mind.

"You sure?: Sady asked.

"Yeah, I'm good." He told her.

"Did you talk to your dad?" She asked wanting to know if he could explain how no one else knew about Rio.

"He ain't really say shit that we ain't already figure out. Other than that he just said it's not his place. Like nigga my momma dead. Whose place is it?" Rico asked rhetorically.

"Exactly. We will figure it out. I guess it's best that we know. At least we know why he is trippin or part of why." Sady offered to make it better.

"It just don't make sense. I can't see my momma not sayin no shit like that. It's just not the type of person she was." Rico tried to explain.

"We all have our own reasons. The thing is now that you know what are you goin to do wit the situation?" Sady asked.

Rico looked as if he spaced out.

"Hello?" Sady said interrupting him.

"Iono fa real fa real. Outta all the shit Id never figure he was my brother." Rico said.

"Yeah well the DNA test should prove it enough. Look, I'm not sayin no shit like y 'all gotta be all good and loving but I feel like maybe a talk between y 'all two. Maybe then y'all can hash it out and drop all the bull shit. You never know he might have the answer to whatever you need to know." Sady told him.

"Shit ain't that easy-" Rico started as Sady rolled her eyes.

"Damn can I finish, attitude?" Rico smirked at her.

"Uhm hmm." She nodded.

"Look I ain't sayin that shit goin to happen but I'll think bout it. " Rico told her.

"That sounds a little bit better." Sady smiled.

"Good. Where you finna go?" Rico asked her.

"Well, Nessa agreed to keep the twins while I came to the office to get familiar with everything again. I got a few weeks before I go back so I just had to do a lot of paperwork. I'm actually finna go get Reese, then the kids, and then pick up the twins before we all go to my house." Sady told him.

"Damn, it's Thursday already?" He asked surprised.

"Yup, so get yo spenna night bag packed for my house big daddy." Sady laughed joking with him.

Rico let out a small smirk.

He wasn't in the mood for it but he couldn't help but smile at her trying to lighten the mood.

"Dang yo ass need to get in a better mood soon." Sady told him.

"If you gave me some I just might." Rico tried.

"Boy, I just flirted with you ain't it enough?" Sady laughed.

"Hell na. You already know I'm tryna be all in that." He flicked his tongue.

"Rico you're a pervert. A 'might' is not goin to cut it. Lemme go so I can go get Reese." Sady laughed.

"Ight, love you." He told her.