Star crossed.

"So what you and Rico a thing then?" Vanessa asked Sady.

"You goin to ask every time I see you I guess." Sady laughed as she looked to the kids playing.

"Yea and you know this." Vanessa laughed pushing her sister's arm.

"Honestly, I know this sounds weird but I was kinda hopin Silas would have hit me up." Sady sighed.

"So you did like his fine self?" Vanessa laughed.

"Kinda. He honestly seemed like a fresh of breath air. He was familiar but different. Great convo, relaxed and Iono something I can't describe." Sady slightly smiled admitting.

"What happened?" Vanessa asked.

"Iono. I told him that I'm a lot to handle and with the babies on the way I wasn't lookin to hop in to relationship especially long distance. He said he was coo wit it. We talked for a few days and then he ghosted me. I messaged him earlier and he still hasn't even responded." Sady shrugged.

"Well, at least you were upfront. Don't feel bad. He may have realized he bit off more than he could chew and I mean I see you glowin. So life is good." Vanessa nudged her.

"Rico has been doin good no lie. It's jus always some shit. Now with everything going good, it seems too good to be true. I feel I'm constantly on edge, thinkin of what could go wrong. I know he wants to be with me. And honestly, I have been thinking about it. I mean we practically are but I figured I would wait to let him know for sure once we had the twins. It's just...Rico." Sady told her sister shrugging.

"I get it." Vanessa nodded.

"If he can keep not being an asshole after I have them then I'm willing to give it a try. I told him I got him when it came to Quay, cause I know he got us. He's a great dad and he's trying to be a better man. It's just seeing him wit the kids...I kinda feel like the kids deserve a chance with both of us being happy and together but time will tell." Sady told her sister as she grabbed baby Alan out of her arms.

"You both do deserve to be happy." Vanessa agreed.

"I know right." Sady smiled.

"So basically y 'all together." Vanessa chuckled.

"You don't do no fun stuff wit my baby." Sady told her ignoring her as she chuckled taking the baby towards the swings.

"All those germs." Vanessa looked terrified.

"Girl boo. You need to build his immunity system anyways. Tryn have my whole nephew out here like the lil boy in a plastic bubble." Sady told her putting him in the swing and pushing him lightly after she looked over to check on the kids who were still playing.

The two chatted it up catching up on Rico and Sady's 'friendship'. Vanessa loved Rico. She had grown fond of him especially while they all lived together. She realized he was definitely how her sister described him but he also came with a lot of good qualities. He was kind, and reliable and even though he made some bad choices occasionally overall he did everything with his family in mind. She knew people weren't perfect but with him, he was trying to figure out how to properly love Sady. Vanessa knew that if he could stay on the right track he would be perfect for Sady. She just hoped he could and would.

"Sady?" A tall caramel man with dimples called out as he made his way towards her direction.

They both looked over to see the handsome stranger who was covered in tattoos approach them.

"Damn, so you got all these fine niggas checkin on you?" Vanessa smirked.

"I don't even know who he is." She stared confused as he approached.