Rico 5years ago

Three weeks had passed since Rico had run into Sady and he couldn't stop thinking about that night. School had started back up and he thought he would see her more but he was wrong. He had only seen her a few times in the hallway but she always seemed to run off or disappear.

"Hello, nigga you hear me talking to you?" Jasmine snapped her fingers as she asked breaking Rico from his thoughts as he scanned the hall again.

There was still no sign of her.

"What do you want Jas?" He asked her irritated.

The two had gotten back together last week in an attempt to work every out. Jasmine came to him and confessed she was pregnant a few weeks ago so he was just trying to right by her and their kid. He felt bad cause as always she made a scene of it. Damn, girl should've been in drama the way she fell out he thought. When she told Rico it was actually the first time he had seen Sady again since the night they shared. He felt Jasmine only did the extra shit because he was trying to talk to Sady at the time. She was jealous like that sometimes he noticed. He was just trying to apologize to Sady when Jasmine came with her big reveal pushing Sady's apology to a back burner.

"I said can you take me shopping after school?" She asked him again.

"No. I told yo ass I got shit to take care of." He reminded her.

He was getting tired of her spoiled attitude. Ever since he started selling dope she thought he should be paying for her to do everything. Whether it was food to clothes she looked to him to cover her.

"You act like you ain't got it." She rolled her eyes and sucked her teeth.

"Gone chill. I got shit to do today." He told her pushing past her.

"Well, who going to watch to lil sister when you gone?" She reminded him.

"Here." He tossed her a few hundreds.

He was getting sick of her shit and fast. Everything with her was becoming about money. He didn't know what they would do once the baby would come because he felt like shit was only going to get worse from there. She normally watched his little sister while he worked the streets. It had been like that for a year now since his mother passed. He appreciated Jas for her help but honestly wished he knew someone else he could trust his sister with cause her shit was getting old and costly.

Rico never knew his father and his sister's father wasn't around so he did what he could to make sure they would survive. It wasn't easy but since he was 18 he was able to get a place in his name but with school, he couldn't work and graduate so he decided to hustle. Everything thing had been going great til his cousin Tay got locked up all the niggas in the hood started falling like dominos. It seemed like his workload had tripled and although he was making good money he was just trying to keep everything moving like clockwork.

"Thanks bae." Jasmine told him with a kiss on the cheek before she ran off to her group of friends.

Rico made his way to class but before he walked in he spotted Sady.

He ran after her and grabbed her arm.

"So you just going to avoid me?" He said as she turned around he realized it wasn't Sady but someone who looked a hell of a lot like her

"Lil Nigga what?" She pulled her arm away from him.

She was just as beautiful as Sady.

"I'm sorry bout that. My bad I thought you was this girl I know." He said lifting his arms away.

"Aww you must be talkin bout my lil sister Sady." Vanessa lightened up noticing he meant no harm.

"Yeah. I haven't seen her around in a few weeks. She normally give me her notes but she ain't been around in a while." He lied to her hoping to see where Sady had been.

"Aww ok. She prolly won't be doin that for you anymore." She told him reaching for the office door.

"Whatchu mean?" He asked her stopping her in her tracks.

"Well, she going to live wit our aunt and uncle's in Cali for her senior year. She didn't like it at first but she came around to the idea. I mean who wouldn't want to live in Cali." Vanessa told him.

"Aww ok. True true." He sounded a little disappointed. "When does she leave?"

"Yesterday, actually I'm just here to get her paperwork and all that." She explained.

"Can you ask her to hit me up on Facebook or IG?" He asked feeling stupid as fuck. He fucked Sady and dipped out in the middle of the night. He didn't even bother to get her number not thinking of it at the time. He was just trying to figure out what happened to his cousin that night. He would've showed up but since she said her sister would trip he didn't want to come unannounced and get her in trouble. The first time he saw her was at school but they didn't have any classes together. After Jasmine's big theatrics, she just walked away. He tried to speak to her in passing but Sady wouldn't respond to him or every time he tried to catch her to talk to her alone she was gone.

"My uncle and aunt aren't big on social media but I'll let her know. What's your name?" Vanessa asked.

"Rico. Please tell her I asked about her and to hit me up." He told her as she nodded her head before she headed into the office.

He stood there for a moment before he headed into his class. 

The rest of the day seemed to drag for Rico as he finally made it to his 7th-period class. All day all he could think about was Sady. He was disappointed that she was leaving. He started to hate the fact that he didn't pursue her after the night they shared. Instead, he was dealing with Jasmine. He sucked his teeth.

"And please remember there will be a test on Friday." Mr. Patterson announced as everyone rushed towards the door.

For everyone else school was over but for Rico work had just begun and he was headed to the trap to get shit in order.

If you like this Please Vote, Comment or share.

This story is being updated as it is written

Follow me on IG imtrippinbitch

Follow me on FB at Vanna Boo