Homebound

It was the morning of their flight and Sady, Rico, Quay, and Ivy were all flying back together.

Sady had spent the last few days irritated after Rico bought a pregnancy test and kept trying to get her to take it.

He told her better safe than sorry but she kept telling him she wasn't pregnant.

"You guys are one of the most beautiful families I've seen." An older black woman told them as she passed by them.

"Thank you." Rico smiled and Sady nodded and waved.

"You so damn rude." Rico told her in a low voice.

"Nigga what? How? Should I have just said I don't know you." Sady laughed.

"Don't play me, bro. You know I know you inside and out." He smiled at her as she rolled her eyes.

The kids were preoccupied with their iPads majority of the flight.

"So you really not goin to take the test?" Rico asked her interrupting her timeline scroll.

"Nigga no. Can you please stop tryna make me. I'm not pregnant dang." She told him pausing her scroll.

"I'm jus sayin. If you sure you not then take it and I'll stop asking." He told her laying his head on her shoulder.

"No. I don't really understand why you are obsessed with this." She told him pushing his head off of her her shoulder.

"Every day I been there you was throwing up. All you fuckin eat is pasta. ANDDD You gotta bad attitude too." He laughed.

"You literally make me sick. That's exactly why I be throwin up. You be stressin me and givin me anxiety fa real. That's why I be havin an attitude wit yo nonchalant ass. And I just like pasta. The hell." She told him scrolling back on her phone.

"Uhm hmm. Man I'm tellin you I know I put a baby in you." He said rubbing her stomach.

"Yo what is your problem. You literally gotta baby on the way wit ol girl. Why you want me to be pregnant so damn bad." She moved his hand.

"Nah That 'maybe' be my baby. It's not no definite and if it is you already know ima take care of mine. But you fa real the only person I want carrying any of my kids. You know that Sady." He told her laying his back on her shoulder.

"Rico, please." She told him as she continued to scroll.

"I'm fa real Sady. You know yo ass was always hard to catch. Yo ass rarely was at parties and anytime a nigga seen you, you was always wit Ari and them other two girls. We only had one class together and you never wanted to be my partner. Face ass." He smiled.

"Uhm hmm look where that got us." She shook her head.

"Three kids and counting." Rico kissed her shoulder.

"Eww no." She told him.

"You don't be tryna hear me when I'm tryna confess my memories of love to you." He sucked his teeth.

"You know damn well you don't love me. Rico fa real you don't know me." She told him.

"Sady I talk to you every day. You staying doin the same shit n watchin the same shows. Yo favorite color pink. You hate ranch. And you gotta scar on yo left knee from when you was a kid and got caught on a fence. You need me to keep goin?" Rico suggested.

"You so damn slow." Sady couldn't help but laugh at him.

She thought it was funny because these were things he picked up during his most recent visit to her home.

"You be tryna play me." Rico told her as he lifted his head and leaned towards the window.

A few hours later they finally arrived and headed towards baggage claim to get their luggage.

Instead of getting a rental Rico insisted on giving them rides while they were Intown. Sady agreed after he promised he wouldn't be late or take a long time.

"We goin to stop by my aunties to drop Quay off and then I'll drop you off." He told her as they got on the highway.

"Can I stay with Quay?" Ivy asked in the back seat.

"Baby you can't. I told your auntie Nessa we would do pictures today. You will see him again tomorrow. " Sady told her looking back with a smile.

"Okay." Ivy pouted.

They dropped off Quay and went inside to say hi to his Aunt and sister.

"My niecey piecey!" Reese picked up Ivy and gave her kisses.

"Hey, you guys." Sady greeted them.

"Hey, baby! It's good to see you again." His aunt pulled her in for a hug.

"Same here. How have you been?" She asked getting into small talk.

"Chile, I'll been good. Between yo best friend and Rico's other baby momma's I be stressed." She admitted side-eying Rico.

"Auntie don't be out here tryna make it seem like it's my fault." He told her as Reese took Ivy and Quay into the living room.

"Well, you choose to have kids wit them so it is." She looked at him before turning back to Sady.

"I swear you're the best of em all." Auntie Bean whispered to her.

Sady laughed cause she damn well knew she was.

"So what my bestie out here doin?" Sady asked referring to her friend Ari.

"She an emotional wreck. I told her ass not to come back until she had my grandbaby." Bean laughed.

"Wait she havin a baby?" Sady asked since it was her first time hearing about it.

Auntie Bean nodded.

Sady spoke to Ari a few times a week so she was unsure why she was just finding it out. She was a little sad she didn't hear it from her but decided to leave it alone. Sady figured there had to be a reason Ari hadn't told her.

"Well, I appreciate you letting us have Ivy's party here." Rico interrupted them.

"You know it's not a problem." She told them.

"Well, we better get going so we can get changed for these pictures. We will be seeing you later." Sady told her as she gave her a hug and went back into the living room to see the kids playing.

"I wish y'all lived here." Reese sighed before kissing and hugging Ivy.

"Maybe one day." Sady told her as she hugged her and Quay goodbye.

Sady did miss being near her sister. Outside of Cali that was the only home she knew. She just didn't want to give up her Cali life when her aunt and uncle helped her a lot not only with her daughter but with establishing herself as an adult. Sady honestly was unsure what she would do without them and appreciated everything they did do. She never really thought about moving back but with things changing she thought maybe she would look into it.

If you like this Please Vote, Comment or share.

This story is being updated as it is written

Follow me on IG imtrippinbitch

Follow me on FB at Vanna Boo