Brother's Keeper Pt . 2

Rico sat in the dark as he waited.

He had arrived a few hours ago when he looked around the apartment and saw that much hadn't changed.

Rio had the same tastes as when he was a kid as Rico looked around his apartment. The same sports teams hung from the wall, the same game systems; same Rio but it was a different place. Much better than the home he was in over a decade ago. Rico smirked realizing that Rio made his goal a reality. It was a simple one.

A place to belong, a home.

Rico turned his head towards the door as the light turned on and Rio walked in not even noticing Rico's presence.

"Hey" Rico said casually as if they were on good terms.

Rio jumped.

He didn't scare easily but he was surprised that Rico knew where he lived. No one really knew where he lived so he didn't understand how Rico was able to find him. He knew for sure that the visit wasn't one that came with good intentions.

"Nigga tha fuck you doin in my crib?" Rio asked shutting the door behind him.

"Came to talk. Shit been on my mind heavy lately." Rico told him in all honestly.

He looked at the man across from him who held the same blood but a different heart.

Rio nodded.

As much as he disliked Rico he understood that he was hurt. He out of all people knew how much he loved his little sister. He thought back to when they were all kids and running along and playing now things are completely different.

"Shit fucked me up findin out you was my brother. I ain't know that shit fa real. I wish you would have told me." Rico said still sitting as Rio grabbed two glasses and poured a drink for them both.

"I thought you had some idea. I guess I never really asked just assumed." Rio told him honestly.

"I guess, we all have our doubts. Cause I ain't really believe it." Rico admitted.

"Not hard to see we kinda look a like." Rio told him swallowing his drink.

"Today I went to my momma's old crib. The place she grew up. I was tryna figure out how I ain't know; figured since my dad wasn't saying shit maybe they would know or tell me somethin." Rico told him.

"What you find?" Rio was slightly interested.

Rio didn't know really anything about his mother. Well except the moments they shared before she passed.

"Shit, kinda made sense when I arrived. Nigga who answered the door looked a lot like you." Rico told him swallowing his drink.

Rio nodded.

"Granny apparently ain't give a fuck bout my moms bein raped. Before I even introduced myself she called my momma a liar and told me practically the nigga raped her but she ain't believe it and kicked her out. She was A fuckin kid man." Rico told him.

Rio couldn't help but nod taking in the information.

"She ain't even know my momma was dead." Rico said sadly.

"Did you tell her?" Rio asked.

"Yea, she was sad. I told her who I was and since I lost my sister only person I had left was my brother and that I was lookin got him. I asked his name and she said 'Mario Jacob Jr.'" Rico recalled.

"Jr huh?" Rio asked.

"After her dad." Rico told him.

Rio sat in silence before he looked back over to his brother.