Trying.

The next few days seemed to go smoothly between Rico and Sady. They didn't argue, he didn't overstep his bounds and the only time they were alone together was when she offered him to smoke with her.

The weekend had finally passed and it was Monday and officially Ivy's 5th birthday.

Sady had gotten up an hour ago to set up the house since she was too excited to sleep. She covered the house in pink, white, and silver balloons and streamers. Sady had picked up the cake last night and she now was just waiting for the kids to get up and eat since she had already made breakfast.

"You know you could have asked for my help." Rico told her as he was finally waking up still lying on the couch.

"I figured you were tired it's fine." She told him as she climbed in a chair and hung up the last streamer and balloon.

"Uhm hmmm. Whatever shorty." He told her as he peeled himself off the couch.

"So I had made plans to surprise Ivy with a trip to Disney. I got my tickets a month ago but I looked at them today and they are high as hell. Y' all welcome to come but you definitely have to buy your own ticket and I'll get Quay's." She laughed.

"How you goin to pay for my son and not me?" He asked her with a laugh.

"Aye you the big baller, you should pay for it all." She told him climbing down from the chair.

"You know it." He told her as he made his way to the kitchen.

Sady noticed how he made himself entirely too much at home.

"You know you a good ass mom Sady." Rico told her not bothering to look in her direction.

"I know it." She smiled.

Although he got on her nerves she appreciated him complimenting her motherhood.

That was something Rico would never downplay her at. 

Sady was someone special regardless of them sharing a child together.

"You must be hungry huh?" She watched him look for his food after seeing the kids food on the counter.

"Aye, you ain't even make me nun?" He said sounding sad.

"Boy, shut up. Yo food is in the microwave." She told him as she pointed and shook her head.

"You got some ketchup?" He asked her as he opened the fridge.

"Yeah, it's on the bottom shelf." She told him as she folded up his blanket and sat his pillow on top of it.

Sady looked over and watched as he squeezed the ketchup out of the bottle, as soon as it came out she smelled the intense smell of tomatoes. After a few more seconds of the intense smell, started to make her gag, and she ran for the bathroom. A few minutes later she came back into the kitchen after brushing her teeth to see the kids exiting Ivy's room.

"Happy Birthday Baby!" She kissed Ivy and hugged Quay.

"Thank you mommy!! You look so beautiful today. I wanna look exactly like you." Ivy gushed hugging her mother.

Sady wore her curly hair down with a baby pink top that was off the shoulder and light beige pants with sandals. She had already planned Ivy's outfit to match hers. She had gotten her white pants with a similar top of the same color and strapped sandals to complete her look.

After everyone had eaten they headed to the theme park so they could enjoy her birthday.

Rico actually covered the trip and all Sady had to do was use the two tickets she had already purchased. By the end of the day Rico had tried to get the kids as many prizes as he could. When they even left the theme park it was nearly 9 pm and the kids were falling asleep where they practically had to carry them to the car.