Brotherly love

"What you want to do today?" Rico asked Reese as they got in his truck.

"Iono maybe the movies or shopping?" Reese told him casually.

"How about both?" Rico smiled.

"Dang, what's the catch?" Reese thought it was too good to be true.

"Nothing I just missed you that's all." Rico told her.

"Yea ight, you just be doin too much that's all." Reese told him crossing her arms.

"Ay what's wit the attitude?" Rico asked as they pulled from the curb.

He had picked her up from school like he did every Wednesday.

"I barely see you anymore." Reese pouted.

"What you mean? I be seein you like erry otha day." Rico told her as he continued to drive.

"Na you drop off or pick up your son erry otha day. and I just happened to be there. And if Sady has him I don't even see you." Reese told him.

Reese had been used to seeing her brother every day before he had Quay. That's when Rico got a place of his own and his aunt thought it was better for Reese to stay with her. She didn't think Jasmine was the best role model for her to be around and Rico didn't think she was wrong.

Over the years Reese became accustomed to seeing her brother and often having her nephew. Now with Sady, she was used to seeing her niece too but they didn't spend the night as much since Sady would keep them. Reese thought this would give her more time with Rico but instead, he spent all his free time at the trap rather than being with her or his kids.

"Damn, you want me to tell her to stop watchin him?" Rico asked confused.

"No dummy. I want to see you and not every once in a while or while I'm babysitting." Reese told him.

"You know I be busy. I'll try okay." Rico told her.

Reese sucked her teeth.

"You got all the time in the world to be tha 'trap'. No wonder Sady don't want to be with you." Reese told him rudely.

"Damn, shawty you trippin fa real. What I do to deserve all this hate today? I'm just tryna spend time wit you that was all." Rico told her.

"It's crazy to think you are older than me." Reese rolled her eyes.

"Reese I ain't have to pick you up from school. You wanna go home instead?" Rico asked her getting a little irritated.

"Rico it's funny you can dish out the truth but can't handle it." Reese told him.

"Look I really ain't do shit to you and you mad. Is this the whole puberty thing goin on?" Rico asked her seriously he just didn't understand her.

"It's simple. I know you tryna have your space but I feel left behind. All you do is run these streets. Is this how it's always going to be?" Reese looked at him sadly.

"No." Rico answered her shortly.

He had been working on a plan to go legit he just wasn't sure how. All he knew was to hustle and since he met Sady's brother he started to think outside of the box. Of course, he didn't want to sell dope for forever but he needed money since he had a growing family. He figured once he got on track then he could officially be out the streets and take care of his family like he wanted to.

"That's it? Of course, that's all I'll ever get from you. Just a whole lot of broken promises, no explanations, and then an occasional day with you every three months." Reese scoffed.