Chapter Six

The wardrobe thrashed as Lupin talked. I thought about what my Boggart would be like. Maybe my father or a dementor. "Let's practice it now," Lupin said. "Uh, with wands, please. After me: *Riddikulus!*," he said. Everyone repeated him.

"Very good. A little louder and very clear. Listen *Riddikulus*." Lupin said and again everyone repeated after him.

"This class is ridiculous," Draco said and I looked over at him trying not to smirk. He looked down at me and smiled then winked.

"Very good! Well, so much for the east part. You the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a Boggart is... laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing," Lupin tells us.

"Oh, so like your face Malfoy," I said looking up at him and giving him a sarcastic smile and he glared at me.

"Let me explain. Uh, Neville. Will you join me, please?"

Neville looked around and eventually walked towards the front to stand with Lupin after a little encouragement. "Neville, what frightens you all?"

Neville mumbles something that no one can hear. "Sorry?" Lupin asks and Neville tells him, Professor Snape, causing some people to laugh.

"Professor Snape? Yes. Frightens all. And I believe you live with your grandmother,"

"Y-yes. But I don't want Boggart to turn into her either," Neville said.

"It won't. I want you to take pictures of her clothes. Only her clothes, very clearly, in your mind," Lupin tells him.

"She carries a red handbag," Neville says.

"We don't need to hear. As long as you see it, we'll see it. Now when I open that wardrobe, here's what I want you to do. Excuse me," Lupin said and walked over to Neville and whispered into his ear.

Neville nodded his head and Lupin pulled his wand out along with Neville pulling his out as well. "Wand at the ready. One... two... three," Lupin said and opened the wardrobe.

Snape walked out walking towards Neville. Neville pointed his wand at him saying *Riddikulus!* and Snape spun around wearing Neville's grandmother's clothes. People laughed and then Lupin had everyone stand in line to do their own.

Draco pushed some kid with his bad arm. He was clearly alright if he could do that. He ended up pulling me aling with him to the back where Crabbe was pushing people.

"I want everyone to picture the fear the most and turn it into something... funny!" Lupin said and put the record player on.

Ron was first and pictured a spider and turned it to where it was in roller skates. Everyone laughed and he went back to the line for the next person.

"I see your arm is all better," I said to Draco. "Guess you don't need help after all."

"It's not better. I still need your help," he said.

"Really, it didn't seem to bother you when you pushed that kid," I told him.

A Gryffindor girl Parvati was up next. She had a King Cobra appear and turned it into a clown made in the box.

"It's still healing. So you're going to help me. You already said you would," he whispered in my right ear. 

I just rolled my eyes and looked back upfront. Harry was up next. The Boggart swirled around and a dementor appeared. Without thinking about what I was doing and who was beside me. I turned and shoved my face into their chest. I felt their arms wrap around me hesitantly.

I heard Lupin yell here and pulled away looking behind me to see the dementor turn into a night sky with a moon. "Riddikulus!" Lupin said and the mood turned into a balloon ad it swirled around and back into the wardrobe. I turned and looked up at the person with their arm around my waist.

Draco was smirking down at me with his eyebrows raised and I quickly stepped away from him.

"Yes, well, sorry about that. That's enough for the day. If you'd all like to collect your books from the back of the class, that's the end of the lesson. Thank you," Lupin said.

After class, we headed back to our common rooms. I wanted to talk to Harry but Lupin kept him behind. I saw Hermione and Ron and they walked up to me. "y/n!" Hermione said happily. "Hey, Hermione! Ron," I greeted.

"So, what's up with Mal..." Mione started but I was pulled away. I looked to see who it was, only regretting that idea. "Let go of her, Malfoy!" I heard Ron yelled.

"Or what?" Draco said, smirking at him.

"Leave her alone," Hermione said.

"Why don't you mind your business! Filthy mudblood," Draco snarled at her. Hermione shrunk back and Draco pulled me along with him.

"Let go of me, Malfoy!" I yelled trying to pull my arm free from his right grasp. "You're hurting me!"

He pulled us into the Common Room and up to his dorm. He pushed me inside and slammed the door behind him locking it  "What the hell is your problem! How dare you call Hermione that! Get the hell out of my way. I don't want to see you or talk to you!" I yelled.

He just stood there in front of the door smirking. I walked over to him looking up at him. Tears building in my eyes. Who the hell did he think he was?! He doesn't own me. I'm not his girlfriend. He doesn't even like me. Calling my friend that foul name. All because she was a muggle-born. "Move!" I hissed.

He looked down at me. "Make me, blood traitor," he hissed back. Now, normally I would ignore him when he called me that. But if I'm being honest, even if it was weird and suspicious that he had kinda been nice to me and asked for my help, I was looking forward to it. I thought just maybe we might start to become friends. But nope, I was wrong and it hurt more than I'd like to admit.

I felt a tear run down my cheek and more followed it. How could I think that Draco Malfoy would ever change even just a little. "I hate you," I whispered looking down at my feet. I didn't want him to see me crying. If he knew he had gotten to me he probably would get pleasure out of it. "What was that? I couldn't hear you, blood traitor," he said.

I looked up into his grayish-blue eyes with my now red watery ones "I said... I hate you!" I yelled at the end. His face dropped and for a split second I thought I might have seen guilt but that was impossible. I pushed him out of the way and he let me. Instant the door open only to run into a tall figure.

I looked up to see Lucas standing there. I wrapped my arms around his waist and cried harder. He wrapped his arms around me  "What's wrong? Did he touch you? I'm going to kill you Malfoy!" He yelled at him.

"No! Let's just go, please," I said and pushed him away backwards.

"This isn't over Malfoy!" He hissed and guided me back to my room.

Once I had calmed down I told him everything that happened. I begged him to just let it go and made him promise. Then we headed to the Great Hall for dinner where we sat with him and Aurora. I could feel Malfoy's stare burning into the side of my head the whole time. I looked over to see him looking at me with a look on his face that I've never seen before. Pansy clung to his side as she giggled annoyingly with her friends. I looked away and finished my dinner and talked to Lucas and Aurora for the rest of the time.