Chapter Twenty-five

"How did you know where I was?" I asked Draco as he pulled me to the Great Hall. "Mel8na told me as soon as she walked into the great hall," he told me. "Of course she did. Well, thank you," I said. He stopped and looked at me. "Stay away from him," he told me sternly. I nodded my head "it won't be that easy," I said as we continued to walk into the great hall and to the Slytherin table.

"Y/N! Are you all right?" Melina asked me as I said across from her. "I'm fine, Lina," I told her, smiling. "Prince Draco came to my rescue," I said laughing at Draco's scrunched-up face. "Shut it," he grumbled. "Is the Slytherin Prince grumpy today?" I whispered so only he could hear. He reached under the table and laced his fingers with mine which shut me up. I looked up at him and he had that sarcastic smirk of his spread across his face. "Git," I mumbled and removed my hand from his so I could eat. After breakfast, we went to class. We have DADA with Mad-Eye Moody.

I sat beside Draco and Melina sat behind us with Stella. "Alastor Moody," Moody said as he turned around to the chalkboard. "Ex-Auror, Ministry malcontent, and your new Defense Against Dark Arts teacher," he said, turning back around. "I'm here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions." I looked at Draco and then back at Moody. No one said anything so he continued.

"When it comes to the Dark Arts I believe in a practical approach. But first, which one of you can tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?" He asked. My eyebrows shot up and I turned my head to look at Draco, saying this guy was crazy with my eyes. "Three, sir," Hermione spoke up. I haven't had the chance to talk to her or the boys yet since we got back to Hogwarts.

"And they are so named?" Moody asked. "Because they are unforgivable," Hermione told him as he wrote on the chalkboard. "The use of Any one of them will," she began but stopped.  Moody finished her sentence "will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban, correct." He faced the class and continued speaking. "Now, the Ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say something different! You need to know what you're up against! You need to be prepared," he yelled.

"You need to find another place to put chewing gum beside the underside of your desk, Mr. Finnigan!" Everyone looked at Seamus. "No way. The old dodger can see the back of his head," he whispered but everyone heard him. Moody turned around from the chalkboard and threw the chalk at him. "And hear across classrooms!" He yelled.

We all turned back to look at Moody in slight shock and surprise. "So which curse shall we see first?" He asked. "Weasley!" He yelled, making Ron jump. "Yes?" He asked Moody in a scared voice. "Stand," Moody told him and Ron slowly stood up. "Give us a curse," he told him. Ron looked down then looked back up "Well, my dad did tell me about one. The Imperious Curse," Ron told him. "Oh, yeah, your father would know all about that. Gave the Ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why," Moody said walking back to his desk.

I leaned towards Draco more to see what Moody was doing and I also whispered in his ear "I don't like this," I whispered and he looked at me before looking back upfront. Moody had gone to a table full of insects. "Hello," he said and grabbed a hold of something. He had it in the palm of his hand and took his wand out *Engorgio*," he said and the thing grew. It was some kind of spider. "*Imperio!*," he said, still pointing his wand at it.

He then made it jump onto the desk Neville and Dean were at. Dean moved back a little as it slid to a stop. Then it jumped onto Crabbe's face making him whimper and bring his hands up to his face. I laughed at that a little seeing him freak out. It crawled on top of his head, it looked like he was about to cry. "Don't worry. It's completely harmless," Moody said. He made it jump onto one of the Gryffindor girls next. Then over the top of Ron's head. Ron started to freak out a little; he hated spiders. "She's lethal," Moody said, dripping it on his head and laughing.

Draco was laughing like crazy. "What are you laughing at?" Moody asked before making fly onto Draco's face. I jumped out of my seat trying to get away from him. Ron wasn't the only one terrified of spiders. "Get it off me!" He yelled and Goyle came over to try and swat it off his face. I looked over to see Harry clapping his hands laughing. He was clearly enjoying this. "Talented isn't she? What should I have her do next? Jump out the window?" Moody asked, laughing. He moved his wand and the spider hit the big magnifying glass and slid down. "Drown herself?" Moody said, putting her over a bucket of water.

It all went from fun to dark real quick. I slowly sat back down. He slowly brought the spider back to his hand and looked around at us. We all looked at him like he was crazy. "Scorers of witches and wizards have claimed that they only did you-know-who's bidding under the influence of the Imperius Curse," he said. I grabbed Draco's arm, it was really becoming a bad habit I had to try and stop. My parents claimed they were under this curse when they served him.

"But here's the rub: how do We sort out the liars? Another, another," Moody said and people raised their hands. "Up, up. Come on," he said. Neville slowly raised his hand. "Longbottom, is it?" Moody asked. Neville stood up. "Professor Sprout tells me you have an aptitude for herbology," Moody told him and he nodded. "There's the, um... The Cruciatus Curse," Neville stuttered out. "Correct, correct. Come, come," Moody said, leading him upfront. "Particularly nasty," he said as he set the spider down.

"The torture curse. *crucio!*" he said, pointing his wand at the spider. The poor thing started squealing in pain causing me to gasp and only tighten my grip on Draco. I could see it was bothering Neville. "Stop it!" I yelled as I stood up. "Can't you see it's bothering him?" Hermione yelled. "Stop it!" We both yelled. The spider squealed louder and Moody snapped out of his trance looking at Neville as he took his wand away from the spider. He picked It back up "umm.." He said walking over to Hermione. "Perhaps you can give us the last unforgivable curse, Miss Granger," he said and she shook her head.

I slowly sat back down and he picked the spider back up and walked over to mine and Draco's desk sitting in front of me. "Well, then Miss, Thronheart you can give it to us. I felt my eyes fill up with tears as I looked at the spider then back up at Moody. I shook my head at him "no?" He asked and sighed before pointing his wand at it "*Avada Kedavra!*" he said and the spider dropped dead. I felt the tears running down my face. I felt Draco grab my hand and looked over at him before looking back down.

"The killing curse. Only one person is known to have survived it," Moody said looking at Harry. "And he's sitting in this room," he slowly walked over to Harry standing in front of him. Harry looked up to him and Moody took a drink from his flask then walked away from him. He dismissed the class and everyone quickly got up and hurried out the door.