Chapter Sixty

"Take him to the hospital wing, Miss Thronheart," Snape said. He helped Draco up and I wrapped my arms around him. Snape draped Draco's arm around my shoulder. I stumbled a little with him being taller than me but I managed. When I got to the hospital Madam Promfrey took him and laid him down in a bed. "What happened?" She asked me. I just stood there looking at Draco. "Miss. Thronheart, dear. What happened?" She asked again. "Umm. He was-- uh -- he was hit with  a curse," I said. "What curse?" She asked. "Sectumsempra," I said. I've never heard of it before. It must have been in that Potions book Harry always had. "Professor Snape did a counter curse?" She asked. I nodded my head. 

She quickly got to work checking over Draco giving him something to subside the pain that was left over. After she was gone I slowly made my way over to the chair beside the bed. I sat down and took Draco's hand. He had his eyes closed. Tears still continued to fall down my cheeks. "Don't cry. I dont like it when you cry," a faint voice came. "Draco," I whispered. I put my hand on his cheek and looked at him. He opened his eyes and looked up at me with those beautiful eyes of his. "Hey," I whispered. He lifted his hand up and wiped the tears off of my cheek. 

"Can you do me a favor, Darling?" He whispered. "Yeah, of course," I said. "Can you bring me my suit?" He asked. "So, I can change out of these wet clothes," he said. I nodded. "Of course. I'll be back as quickly as possible," I said. I leaned down and gave him a light peck on the lips. I stood up and went to walk away. His cold hand gripped around my wrist. "I love you," he said. "I love you, too. Get some rest," I walked off to go back to the Slytherin common room. I quickly walked into the room and straight to Blaise. "Can you get Draco's suit for me? I need to change," I asked. He looked at me and nodded. News travels fast around here. "Is he..." He started to ask. "He'll be fine," I said. I walked off to my dorm and quickly started to change. 

Once I changed I made my way out to the common room. Blaise was standing there with Draco's suit. "Thank you," I said. He nodded. "Of course," he said. I made my way out of the common room and back to the hospital wing. It was starting to get dark out. When I made it back to the hospital Draco was laying there staring at the ceiling. "Draco," I whispered. He looked over at me and sat up. "Hey, easy," I said. I walked over and helped him up. He started to unbutton his shirt. His fingers trembled a little. I put my hands over his and took over for him. I helped him change into his suit then forced him to lay back down. I sat on the edge of the bed and fixed his hair. Draco wrapped his arms around me and pulled me down beside him. Night had started to fall over the castle slowly letting a stream of moon light come through the window. I laid my head on his chest so I could hear his heartbeat. I felt my eyes slowly drift shut. The last thing I remember was Draco kissing my forehead. 

When I woke back up it was completely dark outside, the moon was shining in through the window above the bed, and I was alone. Once I was able to comprehend where I was, I shot up out of the bed. Draco wasn't anywhere to be seen. I quickly ran out of the hospital and made my way down the corridors. My heels clicking on the stone floors. I stopped trying to figure out where to go. Then I saw a glimpse of the blood haired boy I was looking for. He was heading towards the Astronomy tower. I made way after him as quickly as I could. As I rounded the corner I saw a group of people in all black walking down the hall. I didn't stop to see who it was, I just continued on. 

I ran up the steps to see Draco standing there with his wand pointed at Dumbledore. "You are no assassin," Dumbledore said. "How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you," Draco said. "Like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that in return she'd bear a cursed necklace to me? Like, replacing a bottle of mead with one laced with poison? Forgive me, Draco. I cannot help feeling these actions are so weak... your heart can't really have been in them," Dumbledore said. "He trust me. I was chosen," Draco said. He lifted the sleeve of his jacket up and revealed his Dark Mark. 

Of course I've seen it before. I've seen it several times. But I tries to ignore it. I stepped further up and gripped my wand. "He's right," I said. Draco's head snapped to the left and looked at me with wide eyes. "You're not a killer, Draco," I said. "Then I shall make it easy for you," Dumbledore said. Draco brought his wand back up and pointed it at him. "Expelliarmus!" He said. I gasped as the elder wand Dumbledore had possessed flew from his hand. I don't think Draco thought about it but he was now the new owner to the elder wand. "Very good. Very good. You're not alone," Dumbledore said as we heard a door open. "How?" He asked. "I looked at Draco confused. But then it dawned on me. 

"The vanishing cabinet in the Room Of Requirement," I whispered.  Dumbledore looked at me. "You know about this? Do you also have.." he said. I shook my head. Draco had let people in, death eaters into Hogwarts. "I've been mending It. She just followed me one day," Draco said. "Let me guess. It has a sister. A twin," Dumbledore said. "I'm Borgin and Burkes. They form a passage," Draco told him. "Ingenious. Draco... years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you," Dumbledore told him. "I don't want your help! Don't you understand? I have to do this. I have to kill you," Draco said. He had tears in his eyes. I could see he didn't want to do this. "Or he's going to kill her and make me watch before he kills me," he said.