Chapter Forty-Eight

A/N: This chapter is pretty long. I figured I'd make it a little longer since I didn't post on Wednesday. I am all better now though. My arm is back to normal and feels a lot better.

Once inside the castle we headed to the dungeons to the Slytherin Common Room. We stood in front of the stone wall and Draco said the password. The wall opened and we walked inside. The wall closed behind us as we walked into the dark common room. It was empty with everyone being in the great hall. We both went our separate ways to our dorms to change. When I walked into my room all my luggage and Metis was there. "Wouldn't you rather be in the owlery?" I asked and she made a small noise. I pulled my uniform out and laid it on my bed kicking my shoes off. I pulled my jacket off and threw it on the bed and then took my shirt off. I was unbuttoning my pants when my arms wrapped around my body.

"Draco, we don't have time for this," I laughed out and he kissed my neck. I pulled away from him and slipped out of my pants. I grabbed my uniform shirt and put it on then my skirt. Once my shirt was tucked in I turned around. "Zip me, please?" I asked Draco. He zipped my skirts and I pulled my tie in then the vest. After slipping on my shoes and robe I grabbed my wand and we headed up to the great hall.

We walked into the great hall and found our seats beside friends at the Slytherin table. Melina was on one side of me and Draco was on the other side. Me and Melina talked for a little before the first years came in trailing behind Professor McGonegall. It reminded me of our first time at Hogwarts. The first time I met the golden trio. We weren't as close as we used to be. But people grow apart. Then there was the fact they didn't like Draco. I'll be the first to admit that Draco wasn't the nicest person to anyone that wasn't a slytherin and if you were friends with someone that wasn't a pure-blood or if you were anything but a pure-blood you weren't worthy. He hasn't said or done anything with Melina dating Stella. Of course Stella was a pure-blood but she wasn't a Slytherin she's a Hufflepuff. But I also think he wouldn't say anything because he knows Melina will kick his arse.

McGonegall called out each new student's name and they would go up and be sorted then go to their respectful tables. We got a few new Slytherin's and once everyone was seated Dumbledore did his speech and then we ate. The time dessert rolled around and everyone was chatting, Harry and Luna came walking in. Harry's nose was bleeding as he held a rag to it. He sat down with Ron, Ginny, and Hermione at the Gryffindor table. A looked over to Draco to see him resting chin on one hand and his wand in the other. He seemed to be stuck in his thoughts. I leaned over and kissed his cheek and he slowly looked at me. "You all right?" I asked him. He just nodded his head and went back to his thoughts.

"Very best evenings to you all," Dumbledore said as he stood at the podium. Everyone went silent and turned their attention to the front. "First off, let me Introduce the newest member of our staff... Horace Slughorn," he said and turned to gesture a hand at the new Professor. He stood up as people clapped and sat back down. "Professor Slughorn, I'm happy to say, has agreed to his old post and Potions Master. Meanwhile, the post of Defense Against The Dark Arts will be taken by Professor Snape," He announced. Some people clapped most were Slytherind but a lot whispered about Snape taking over DADA. Draco would have been one of those who would be clapping but he was still in the same position he had been in for the last ten minutes.

"Now, as you know each and everyone of you was searched upon arrival here tonight. And you have the right to know why. Once there was a young man, who like you sat in this very hall... walked this castle's corridors, slept under its roof. He seemed to all the world a student like any other. His name? Tom Riddle," Dumbledore said. Murmurs filled the air as people whispered to each other. "Today of course... he's known all over the world by another name. Which is why, as I stand looking out upon you all tonight... I'm reminded of a sobering fact. Every day, every hour... this very minute, perhaps... dark forces attempt to penetrate this castle's walls. But in the end, their greatest weapon is you. Just something to think about. Now, off to bed. Pip-pip," Dumbledore finished.

Melina stood up and looked down at me. "Are you coming?" She asked. "Um. You go ahead," I told her. She caught up with Stella and left the hall. "Draco, come on. Let's go," I said, standing up and putting my hand on his arm. I held my hand out for him and he took it as he slowly stood up. We slowly walked back to the common room hand in hand. Draco still seemed out of it. "Are you sure you're alright?" I asked as we walked down the stairs to the dungeons. "I'm fine, love," he said quietly. Once we made it to the common room I said the password and we walked inside. Draco tightened his hold on my hand and walled us past everyone. I looked at Melina who had a questioning look on her face to which I just shrugged.

Draco went straight to his dorm bot letting go of my hand until the door was closed. He admittedly started taking off his robes. It was almost robotic. I followed after him and folded both our clothes, placing them on the trunk at the end of his bed. Draco got into his wardrobe and pulled out his Quidditch jersey. He walked over and handed it to me. I took it and slipped it over my head. Draco walked into his bathroom and I walked over to the bed and laid down. When he came back out he turned the lights off before climbing into bed. I was expecting him to pull me towards him like he normally did but it was a surprise for me when he laid his head on my chest and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I love you," he said barely over a whisper.

I wrapped my arms around him and thread my fingers into his platinum hair. "I love you too," I whispered. He snuggled closer and tightened his grip more. It was almost like he thought if he let go he would lose me.

We stood in potions class as Slughorn talked. "Attention to detail in the preparation is the prerequisite of all planning," he said. He stopped talking and turned around and Harry and Ron walked in. "Ah. Harry, my boy, I was beginning to worry. We've brought someone with us, I see," he said. "Ron Weasley, sir," Ron told him. "But I'm awful at Potions, a menace, actually. So I'm probably just gonna," he said. Harry stopped him and Slughorn spoke up. "Nonsense, we'll sort you out. Any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Get your books out," he said. "Uh. Sorry. I haven't actually got my book yet, and neither has Ron," Harry told him. "No need to worry. Get what you want from the cupboard," Slughorn told them and then went over to get books out while Slughorn continued his lesson.

"Now, as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be?" He said. As always Hermione shot her hand up. "Yes, Miss?" He said. "Granger, sir," She told him. She walked over to the three am all kettles on the table and stood in front of them. That one there is Veritaserum. It's a truth-telling serum. And that  would be Polyjuice Potion. It's terribly tricky to make," she said. But she had once made it back in second year to help me sneak Harry and Ron into the Slytherin common room. "And this is Amortentia..." Hermione said and then I cut her off.

"It's the most powerful love potion in existence. It causes a powerful infatuation or obsession from the drinker. It has a distinctive mother-of-pearl sheen, and steam rose from it in characteristic spirals. It's smell is different to each person according to what attracts them," I said. Hermione was looking at me and smiled. "For example, I smell... "She said and took a small sniff of it. "Freshly mown grass, new parchment  and... experiment toothpaste," she said.

"Miss. Thornheart, care to share what you smell?" Slughorn said once Hermione went back to her spot. I didn't need to smell it to know but I went up anyway. I stood in front of the potion and caught a waft of it. "A deep, rich, full bodied exotic wood scent, with a touch of spice. Like mahogany. A Vivid, fruity aroma of ripe green apple, and Fresh Mint," I said and looked over at Draco who just ducked his head and smiled. I walked back over to him and he wrapped one of his arms around my waist. "Who knew you were so obsessed with me, darling," he whispered, making me blush a little.

Three years ago if you would have told me I'd fall in love with Draco Malfoy, I would have told you to piss off, that you were mental and I could never love someone like him. But now that we have grown closer and I've  gotten to know the real person behind the wall that he had built up to prevent people seeing who he really is, I'm more than happy to admit that I was in love with the one and only Draco Malfoy.