Chapter Sixty-One

A/N: This is the end of Half Blood Prince. The next chapters will be Christmas and Death Eater meetings going into Deathly Hallows part 1
°○°●°○°●°○°●°○°●°○°●°○°●°○°●°

I heard footsteps running up the stairs and then I felt arms wrap around me and a wand pointed at my neck. "Well, look what we have here," a voice said. Draco looked over and then back at Dumbledore but his head snapped back over to look at me. His Aunt Bellatrix had a hold of me. I looked at him in fear. She pushed me to walk with her over to Draco. He shook a little as he kept his wand pointed at Dumbledore. "Well done, Draco," she whispered. "Shame about your little girlfriend," she said. She pushed me off towards one of the death eaters that followed her. "Good evening, Bellatrix," Dumbledore said. Draco looked back at me and the death eater pushed the tip of his wand into my neck making me whimper. 

"I think introductions are in order. Don't you?" Dumbledore asked. "Love to, Albus, but I'm afraid we're all on a bit of a tight schedule," she said. "Do it," she said, looking at Draco. "He doesn't have the stomach, just like his father," the guy holding me said. "Maybe, this will encourage him," he said. His wand dug into my neck harder. I gasped as tears ran down my cheeks. Draco looked over at me. "Stop. Let go," he pleaded. He looked over at his Aunt for help but she just smiled. "No! The Dark Lord was clear, the boy is to do it," Bellatrix said. She looked at Draco. "This is your moment. Do it," she said. "Don't do it, Draco. You're not a killer!" I said. "You shut up!" Bellatrix yelled. "Go on, Draco. Or she dies," she told him. 

Then Snape appeared. "No," he said. Draco stopped and looked back at him. "Let the girl go," he told the man holding me. The guy looked at Bellatrix and she nodded her head. He pushed me towards Draco and he caught me, holding right agaisnt him. My arms wrapped around him as I gripped the back of his jacket. "Severus," Dumbledore said. They looked at each other and it was quiet. "Please," he said. "Avada Kedavra,'Snape said and pointed his wand at Dumbledore. The force knocked him over the rail of the Tower. A sob left my throat and I guess my face into Draco's chest. He held onto me tighter his hand on the back of my head and fingers threaded in my hair. 

Snape pushed Draco and I towards the stairs. Draco grasped my hand firmly as we made our way down the stairs and through the corridors. "Don't look back," Draco said. We made our way through the Great Hall and Bellatrix walked on the table kicking the glasses and shuddering them. We got to the doors and Draco stopped. "Yeah!" Bellatrix yelled. She pointed her wand at the windows and glasses shattered. Draco pulled me into him as a strong gust of wind pushed past us and glasses flew everywhere. Draco took my hand and we walked out of the castle and through the trees making our way towards Hagrid's. Draco never loosened his grip on my hand. I was terrified. I didn't know what to do but to follow. I trusted Draco wouldn't let anything happen to me. 

Bellatrix set Hagrid's hut on fire. "Snape!He trusted you!" I turned around to see Harry running after us. Snape turned around and looked at us. "Go on! Get her out of her and keep her safe, Draco!" He said. Draco pulled me along as he ran. The next thing I know we were in a room. I collapsed to the floor sobbing. "Hey, darling, shh. It's okay. I'm not going to let anything happen to you," Draco whispered. He had dropped to the floor and wrapped his arms around me, bring me into his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck and cried into the crook of his neck. Everything happened so fast. I guessed something was going to happen and I knew what  Draco was tasked to do. But I didn't really sit down and think about it. 

I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up I was in a bed covered in silk black sheets and I was wearing Draco's jersey.  I've only been to Malfoy Manor a few times. I flipped the covers off of me and sat on the edge of the bed for a minute before I stood up. I stood up and walked over to the window. Moving the curtain aside I saw it was still dark out. I walked towards the bathroom and saw my clothes hanging on the door of Draco's wardrobe. I walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. My eyes were still slightly red and puffy. I splashed some water on my face then patted it dry. 

"Darling?" I put the hand towel down and walked into the room. Draco was standing in the middle of the room. "Draco," I whispered. He took a few big strides and wrapped his arms around me. "What're you doing awake?" He asked. "Where were you?" I asked. "Downstairs. There -- there was a meeting," he said. "How long was I sleeping?" I asked. "Um -- you slept all day," he said. "All day?" I asked. "Yeah, it's the first of August, nine at night," he said. "Oh. I'm sorry," I said. "Sorry? For what? You were mentally drained, love. So you want something to eat? A cup of tea?" He said. He moved a strand of hair behind my ear. I shook my head. "No, I think I just want to go back to bed," I said. 

Draco nodded and kissed my forehead. "Get in bed. I'm going to shower and then I'll be right there," he said. He walked pasted me and went into the bathroom. I heard the shower turn on after a minute and jist stood there for a couple seconds before climbing into bed. His bed was big and soft. When you laid down the silk sheets and fluffy duvet hugged you. I could feel myself falling asleep only minutes after my head hit the soft pillows. I don't know how long I had been asleep when I felt arms wrap around my waist and pull me closer to a warm chest. I opened my eyes to see Draco. 

His wet hair falling over his forehead. He wasn't wearing a shirt and just in gray joggers. "Come here," he said. I moved closer and curled myself against him. I laid my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around me more. "I love you," he said. I looked up at him and pecked his lips. "I love you, too," I whispered. He leaned down giving me a longer kiss before we both fell asleep.