· Apple Picking ·

Please vote, comment and follow if you're enjoying my content! Also, feel free to comment some chapter ideas you'd like to see before I end this book!

Thank you so much for your support. I know I've been really inactive, but my mental health and the lack of motivation I have for this book is low. Here's another chapter and I hope you like it!

<3

***

Alyssa's POV

***

It's nine am when I wake up. 

I sit up and rub my eyes, looking around the room with the memories of last night flooding my mind. I look over at Gray's bed and sigh.

Grayson's bed is empty and made. His phone is gone and I can just detect a hint of his cologne lingering in the room. He must be downstairs.

I slide out of bed myself, grabbing some clothes and making my way to the bathroom for a shower. My eyes feel itchy and when I look in the mirror it's obvious that I cried last night. I shake my head and turn on the shower, taking my sleepwear off. 

I run my hand under the shower to check the temperature and then step in when it's warm enough. 

The hot water plunges into my hair, making it fall down my shoulders and down my bare back. Droplets slide down my forehead and cheeks as I shut my eyes, enjoying the silence and warmth of the shower. It's comforting and therapeutic.

I massage shampoo into my scalp, wincing when my shoulder starts protesting in pain. Angela got a few good hits in last night and they're becoming evident as I wash my body thoroughly.

After rinsing the conditioner out, I turn the shower off and wring my wet hair out. Clear water splatters on the shower tiles on the shower floor and I step out, careful not to slip.

I towel myself dry and change into something comfortable before plugging in the hairdryer.

When my hair is almost dry I finish it off with the towel. I leave the makeup for today and walk back into the room before walking downstairs to face the music.

***

I enter the kitchen and feel my eyebrows raise in surprise when I see there's nobody in the kitchen. Normally there's at least two people in here every morning.

I shrug it off and walk out onto the back porch to see if everyone's on the farm. It's a non-work day but I check instead.

No one. 

I sigh and sit on the porch swing. I feel weighed down with heavy guilt. I know I could've reacted better and more maturely last night when Noah and Angela were texting. 

"Goodmorning"

I jump and look over my shoulder. Grandma stands by the door, sipping coffee and dressed in a pretty dark green dress.