Chapter 87

Please vote and leave a comment if you enjoy!

***

Alyssa's POV- Tuesday (two weeks later)

***

I press the pillow down harder on my ears as the sound coming from Grayson's bedroom creeps under the cracks of my closed bedroom door. Amy's moans make me gag and I feel like sleeping outside. It's not fair. Ethan's a deep sleeper but I'm a light one. If I'm suffering he should be suffering too!

"Stop!" I groan softly, rolling onto my back. 

I check my phone and sigh when I see it's two am. They normally stop after three so I should be clear to sleep soon. It's funny. I used to have to close my eyes to have nightmares but now I have them easily with open eyes. 

***

Breakfast is a mixture of emotions. Grayson and Amy are all loved up, I'm scarred and Ethan is just tired and grumpy. 

Luckily, Gray and Amy have a whole date day planned so that just leaves Ethan and I home alone. 

***

As soon as Gray and Amy leave the house, I tell Ethan I'm going to go shower. However, I end up curling on my bed to "relax" and falling asleep. 

I wake up at three pm, feeling heavier than I did this morning. I roll over and see a text from Ethan that was sent ten minutes ago. 

E- Went out for a run

I tap out a quick reply and press send, sighing. Home alone. Yay. 

I walk downstairs and position myself on the couch with a Harry Potter movie. The rain pattering down on the roof makes me feel cozy and I feel the most comfortable I have in weeks. 

***

Ethan, Grayson, Emma and Amy come through the front door at seven pm just as I'm putting the prepared lasagne in the oven.

"Hey, hon. How was your day?" Gray asks, walking over to give me a hug. 

I hug him and sigh. "Uneventful"

He chuckles and the sound vibrates off his chest and against me. 

"Thanks for making dinner by the way"

I shrug. "No problem"

I can feel Amy's eyes boring into my back as Grayson releases me from his hold. Sure enough, when I turn around, Amy's narrowed eyes are pointed straight at me. I sigh and feel a lump form in my throat. She makes me feel so awful in a way I can't explain. 

"Lasagne?" Amy whines, tapping at her phone with her dragon nails. "It's so fattening!"

I roll my eyes but can't help my hands running over my body. Is she taking a dig at me again?

Grayson smiles and pecks her cheek, wrapping his arms around her waist. "You can have a salad, baby"

"Or you can just suck it up and actually eat something for once in your goddamn life," I say. 

The kitchen falls silent and I silently curse myself. I hate when I think out loud. I turn around and see Emma struggling not to laugh. Grayson and Amy, on the other hand, do not look amused. Especially Amy. 

"Grayson!" Amy whines again. "You're just going to let your sister talk to me like that?!"

Gray sighs and closes his eyes. 

"Don't you discipline her? Ugh, she is so rude!"

I shake my head and laugh emptily. "Rude? You want to talk about rude? I-"