· Smoking (part 2) ·

Enjoy! xx

I'll be updating again NEXT week (next Friday or next weekend) because I'm tired af.

***

Alyssa's POV

***

"You and I need to have a serious talk"

I sigh as Grayson shuts my bedroom door behind him. He walks towards me and sits on my bed. 

"Can I just talk for one second without getting interrupted?" I ask, sighing when Grayson folds his arms. 

"Go," Gray says. "Explain yourself"

"I didn't wanna smoke initially, but Devan said it reduced stress and weight. I smoked one and then two more. I swear I only smoked three, Gray. I'm sorry. I know it was wrong and stupid and you don't have to remind me of what a fucking idiot I am. I was so fucking stupid and I am very sorry and I swear on my life I only had three cigarettes. I couldn't have more of that shit"

"Language," Grayson sighs, rubbing his face. "And I believe you"

"About...?"

"I believe you only had three cigarettes," Gray replies, shaking his head. "However, the amount you smoked does not matter when it comes to health and your overall wellbeing. You still smoked, it was stupid and now you're sorry. I'm glad you realize what you did was idiotic"

"Yes," I confirm, nodding. "I really am sorry, Grayson"

"I know you are, baby," Gray sighs, looking down at the floor as he tries to gather his thoughts. "I appreciate the apology, but this won't go unpunished"

"I know," I mumble, bringing my knees to my chest. 

"Did you really smoke to reduce stress and weight?"

I look at Grayson and see the hurt and concern flicker across his face. I suddenly feel ashamed of myself for falling down the same spiral of trying to lose weight. 

"This breaks me, Alyssa. Honestly. You are such a beautiful girl filled with such potential, yet you waste time picking yourself apart to appeal to your mirror. You turn to your mirror for validation when you could find it somewhere more meaningful"

Tears fill my eyes as I realize what he's saying. I blink and let the tears roll down my cheeks as I bury my face in my hands. It's true. It's all true.

"Alyssa, don't cry," Gray says softly, rubbing my back. "I know you struggle with your weight and the anxiety and I am so so proud that you're still here, yeah?"

I nod and let Grayson hug me. I'm glad he's softer with me now. Grayson always jokes he has a soft side with me, but it is true. 

"I'm sorry for yelling at you like that," Gray sighs. "I could've handled it better and I should've handled it better. I don't want to make you feel bad or anything. My intention is to protect you because I don't want to lose you"

"I was an idiot," I sigh, keeping my face in my hands. "A fucking moron"

"You made an idiotic choice, Aly. Trust me, you as an individual is not an idiot," Gray chuckles, gently correcting me. "Everyone makes mistakes but you have to make a point to learn from them and reflect"

Grayson takes my hands in his and takes them away from my face. I feel embarrassed but Gray smiles and moves the hair out of my face.

"Look at me," Gray says, taking my face in his hand as he brushes away stray tears with his thumb. "I know that you're sorry and I know you know what you did was wrong. You're grounded for two weeks, you can keep your phone, but don't expect me to change anything else, okay?"