Chapter 57

Alyssa's POV 

"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Alyssa! happy birthday too youuuuuu!"

I sit up in bed and rub my eyes, a wide smile taking place. The twins walk towards me, still in their pyjamas, singing with cheesy grins on their faces.  

"What are you guys doing?" I chuckle, yawning. 

"Happy birthday, baby girl" Grayson smiles, kissing my cheek. 

"Thanks, guys"

"Happy birthday, sweetie" Ethan pulls me in for one of his big bear hugs and doesn't let go until I hug him back. 

"You guys are the best" I smile. 

"C' mon! Get out of bed and get dressed, we have a surprise for you!"

Suddenly excited, I push the twins out of my room playfully and get changed quickly. I have no clue what the surprise is and guessing is hopeless so I decide to wait and find out. I curl my hair and do my makeup.

I grab my phone and walk into the living room where the twins, Bryant and Emma are on the couch seated

I grab my phone and walk into the living room where the twins, Bryant and Emma are on the couch seated. Six wrapped up presents are piled on the coffee table and I suddenly feel guilty. I feel bad when people buy me things. I don't want them to spend their hard-earned money on me. 

"Emma! Bryant!"

They stand up and hug me, wishing me a happy birthday. I sit down next to the twins and Gray hands me two packages.

"These are Emma's"

I take it and slowly unwrap it, taking extra care to not rip the light blue tissue paper. Once I uncover a small black box, Emma urges me on excitedly. I open the box and gasp softly. A silver bracelet intertwined with white crystal flowers rests in my palm, glowing under the lights.

"Open the second one," Emma says excitedly. 

I open the second package and open a slightly smaller black box. This one really takes my breath away. A pair of silver earrings with white crystal flowers, exactly identical to the bracelet, looks back up at me, also glittering under the living room lights. 

"Oh, Emma! These are beautiful. Thank you!"

I hug her tightly and she hugs me back. "You're welcome, honey. I saw them in the shop and they just screamed your name"

I place the jewellery back in the boxes and set them aside. Bryant hands me his gift next and I take it, guilt washing over me again. 

I unfold the tape and the careful wrap job until there's another black box in my hands. I look up at him and he smiles, chuckling a little. 

"I promise it doesn't bite"

I chuckle too and shake my head, sliding the box top off. My eyes widen when I see a hoodie with a bird on the back.