Chapter 11

Grayson's POV

Ethan unlocks the front door and lets me in first. I look down at Alyssa who's sleeping peacefully in my arms. The doctor said she'll be sleepy tomorrow because of the new blood. It has to circulate before she can have her old energy back again. Ethan switches on the lights and throws his keys and wallet on the front table.

"Imma go put her in bed," I say.

He nods and I walk upstairs, avoiding the drops of blood on the wooden floor from before, heading towards Alyssa's room. I set her down in bed and kiss her forehead.

"Goodnight, sweetheart. I'm so happy you're okay"

Before shutting the door behind me, I look at her one last time and feel my heart lighten. She's in bed, safe and breathing. Thank god. The door clicks behind me and I walk to her bathroom. I look through all her drawers gathering razor blades and any other sharp objects. I'm not fucking around or taking risks. Absolutely not.

Before going to bed myself, I check on Alyssa one more time.

"She's okay now, Gray," Ethan says, walking up behind me.

"I know" I sigh.

"Did you remove her razors from the bathroom?" he asks.

I nod. "Yeah. I took her scissors too" (nail scissors)

"Go to bed, bro. You need some sleep" Ethan says, patting my shoulder.

1 am

I drum my fingers on my chest as I stare at my ceiling. I don't know how long I've been like this nor do I care. It suddenly hits me hard that Ethan and I could've actually lost Alyssa. Tears form in my eyes, but I blink them back quickly. I know Alyssa's been upset recently, what with Hayden ignoring her and I could kick myself for adding on more pressure with my own problems. I sigh and close my eyes, attempting sleep one last time.

9 am- Alyssa's POV

Something's different. My eyes scan my surroundings and I realize that the white, disinfectant scented room has been replaced with my baby blue one. Okay, I'm in my own bedroom but something feels off. I roll over and wince in pain, my wrist burning. I examine both my wrists and see them wrapped in layers of gauze and bandage. The burning pain subsides to a slow throbbing after a few minutes and I fall back onto my pillows. Fuck. Memories are fuzzy as my brain replays the past 24 hours over and I can't seem to focus on any of them. I pick up my phone and see that it's nine am. I may as well get dressed and ready for the day.

 I may as well get dressed and ready for the day