Part one-chapter twenty four: im sorry

The carriage ride was the same as usual, Arcadios sitting in the carriage beside me while Igneel slept on the seat across from us. I grabbed a small notepad out of my bad and a pen, first drawing multiple circles and random lines, then connecting them all to draw.

"Your majesty?"

"Yes?"

"Do you know what today is?"

"Im well aware of what today is Arcadios"

"Dont you think it's time to move on, princess you've been waiting for one man for seven years."

"And I will continue to wait."

"Your grace, there have many others who have begged to have your hand in marriage"

"And my answer will always and forever be no. Ive been in love with Natsu since we were kids...and I've hated myself for not accepting it sooner."

"He left you to raise a child alone"

"He didn't leave me. Whatever caused the island to disappear was not their doing. Arcadios I appreciate you looking out for me these past few years-"

"You're only making excuses for him."

"Im not. Why are you so upset by this? You don't even know them, you have no right to paint anyone especially Natsu in that light."

"Im upset because for the past three years I've been waiting for you to heal and accept reality so I could tell you-"

Suddenly Igneel stirred in his sleep, his eyebrows twitching as he struggled to go back to sleep. Igneel stood up, stumbling toward me as he rubbed his eyes slightly. He sat down on my lap, resting his head on my chest before falling asleep soundly. I smiled and hummed a small tune whole running my hands through his hair gently.

I looked down at my sleeping son before speaking to Arcadios once again, "you know he reminds me of his father everyday...sure hes not as oblivious or impatient but hes just as goofy and brave, he always puts others before himself, he got all of Natsu's best qualities despite not even knowing him. It makes it easier..."

"What exactly does it make easier?"

"It makes it easier to wait, it also doesnt hurt as much, knowing that im not necessarily going through this alone."

Arcadios nodded before looking out his window, sighed loudly before adjusting himself again. I looked out the window and smiled, the ride from Crocus to Magnolia was never my favorite but I had always felt some sort of comfort when entering magnolia. It was about mid-day, people were walking out on the street, children running around, people resting by the canals, it was amazing. The atmosphere of this town was absolutely amazing.

After about five minutes we had arrived to a familiar dirt path, leading up to the small disheveled guild. Igneel sat up correctly grabbing his bag and small happy plush, patiently waiting for the carriage to stop. Once it had, Arcadios had gotten off the carriage first, escorting us into the guild. The entire way up the dirt path Igneel held my hand while holding his happy plush in the other. Arcadios pushed open the door slowly, allowing for Igneel and I to enter first before he did.

"Hey everyone-" I felt a familiar presence embrace me, I was shocked at first, almost allowing for my flight or fight response to react but it only took me a second to realize who it was. I felt warm tears run down my face, returning the affection, soon my silent tears turned into loud sobs, I pulled away from the embrace and looked the fire dragon slayer in the eyes, his beautiful dark green eyes that I had grown to miss gazing into.

"Im sorry we couldn't come back sooner y/n..."

"No, shut the fuck up you idiot, don't apologize for shit. Just don't leave me like that again." I responded, Natsu caressed my cheek gently before pulling me into a small passionate kiss, his lips felt unusually soft, our tears mixing together as we kissed. I couldn't help but smile.

"Alright Salamander you're not the only one who's missed her."

"Gajeel!" The tears kept coming, I ran up and embraced my brother, smiling as he gladly accepted the hug, holding me tightly before setting me down as Laxus soon approached us. I jumped up and flicked the taller males forehead before hugging him as tightly as possible.

The next ten minutes was filled with me crying and hugging everyone individually then all together, finally Igneel, who was with Bisca, Alzack, and Asuka the entire time, had come up to me and Natsu and sat down between us, studying his fathers face before speaking up.

"Are you my papa? Mama always shows me all your pictures, and you look a lot like me." I giggled and grabbed Igneels hand, putting it in Natsu's. Happy flew over and sat on the table, watching the entire thing go down.

"Wow Natsu, Romeo really wasn't lying he looks exactly like you!" The blue feline exclaimed, Natsu looked over at Igneel before giving him his signature toothy grin "yup I sure am bud! And this is my little buddy Happy!" The smaller boy's eyes lit up, he pulled out his own Happy plush and showed it to his father, smiling. The two conversed for a long period of time, eventually being joined by the majority of the rest of the guild.

Soon a certain trio had approached me, Happy resting on top of Natsu's head as his son was asleep in his arms. I nodded and walked with Natsu to fairy hills, entering into my building. The last time I had visited, I ended turning my spare room into a room for Igneel to sleep in since I figured he couldn't sleep on a couch or hammock. I watched from the doorway as Natsu gently laid his son down on his bed, moving a tuft of pink hair from his sons face.

"Im sorry I left you and your mom alone for so long buddy..." he left a small kiss on the boy's forehead, Happy flew down from Natsu's head and laid down beside the small boy. I smiled at the sight only to be interrupted by a certain fire dragon slayer picking me up and carrying me out of the room, closing the door behind him.