Part three-chapter nineteen: renovations

I knew that once I was cleared to go home it wasn't going to be the usual "take care of the kids and go on jobs" type things, however, I didn't expect to be on a train with my grandmother heading toward Crocus.

I gripped my satchel firmly with both my hands, bouncing my leg in pure anxiety. I wasn't quite sure how to feel, after everything that I had been told, now having both sides to the story I wasn't sure who to believe.

The train soon came to a halt, the two of us walking in silence toward the palace. First, we were going to be meeting with my father before visiting my mother in her holding cell.

"You alright dear?" I nodded, continuing to hold my head up high as a group of guards escorted us into the palace. We continued down the corridor of the palace, finally stopping in front of my father's study.

The two of us entered the study, my father pacing back and forth throughout his study.

"Y/n! I...I take it your mother told you as well?"

"What do you mean as well?"

Father sat me down, explaining that he genuinely had no idea that my mother had been sent away...let alone that she was still alive or a demon.

"How am I supposed to believe you?"

The older male stared down into his lap refusing to make eye contact with me.

"I- I'm not sure, your grandfather passed while you were away so even if he had proof he wouldn't have given it to anyone but, please, believe me. I love your mother, she was the only one who understood me and who cared for me, why would I do that to the woman of my dreams?!" He cried, staring up at me as his eyes filled with more tears and turned a bloodshot red color.

"Dad..."

"What's worse is I'm still in love with her...and from what I hear she resents me entirely..."

I walked to my father's side, placing a hand on his shoulder before pulling him into a hug.

"Let's go see mom"

|||

"So soon?! Shouldn't we plan this out a bit more?"

"Why? Were already married, you just gotta get a dress and I'll get a suit, then we'll have the party at the guildhall"

"Yeah but even then that's gonna take time, we cant have it next week! Lets see how things turn out in a couple weeks, then we'll see"

Natsu pouted, for the past hour he had been attempting to convince me to let us get married next week. I sighed, putting my satchel down on the table of the modified house. Im not sure for exactly how long I was unconscious but from what everyone had told me it had been about a month, and within that month the team had managed to go on multiple requests where the rewards were double what they originally were, and as a result, Natsu had constructed an entire underground floor of the house. The bedrooms and bathroom were taken down and moved into the basement, the kitchen was now significantly bigger and he converted the additional space into a play area for the kids.

I wasn't able to take a good look at it before I left and with the events that had happened during my visit I didn't think I would have the energy to take an in depth look around. However, from what I had seen, I was very impressed.

"Hey! Earth to n/n? You okay?"

"Hm? Oh I'm fine just, wow you really outdid yourself...it's amazing"

"Hah, glad you think so, I wanted everything to be perfect when you came back..." he admitted, I approached him, running one of my hands through his hair with a smile. I assured him it was all absolutely perfect, leaving a small peck on his cheek before I saw a tuft of pink hair run behind on of the new kitchen counters.

"Lets go out tomorrow night, I think you need to take a break from all of this"

"What about the kids?"

"Well I could ask Levy or my brother and if not Juvia and Gray need the practice"

The fire mage tilted his head a bit, attempting to wrap his head around the meaning of what I had said. I chuckled a bit, placing one of my hands on my lower stomach resulting in a quiet 'no way' from my husband. I smiled, leaving a small peck on his cheek before assuring that id ask someone.

I slowly approached the counters, looking up toward the ceiling. I smiled at the very obvious giggling that erupted from behind the counter, swiftly turning toward the sound and picking up its origin.

"Mommy! No hear me!"

"Im sorry princess, you gotta be quieter than that! And its late you should be sleeping" I replied, peppering little kisses all over the little girl's face.

Natsu walked over, taking the little girl from my arms into his, taking her downstairs. I followed, walking down a dim hallway before coming across five doors. Natsu opened one of the doors, revealing a dark blue room with white spots on the ceiling that resembled stars. There was a usual play mat and box filled to the brim with toys and multiple books on a bookshelf and in the corner a small bed with red bedsheets and a red stuffed bear resting on the pillow.

The fire mage put his daughter down, the little girl sprinting toward the bookshelf and grabbing a small brown book and handing it to her father. The girl then tucked herself into bed, awaiting for the male to begin the story.

"Which one did you pick this time princess?"

"Aunty Lu!"

"Again? You don't wanna have something different?"

"No!" She retaliated, her father rolling his eyes a bit before I took a seat beside him on the floor, resting my head on his shoulder "what's this one about?" I asked him, he said it was a wedding present Lucy had made for us, a love story about two characters who were orphans with magic powers and met when they were young.

"That's so sweet, how come Haruna likes it so much?"

"Not sure, Lucy gave it to me a couple weeks ago and Haruna wanted me to read it to her, its all she wants to hear"

I nodded adjusting myself the slightest bit before he began the story.

After a few minutes I felt a sudden pain in my abdomen, making me hiss for only a second. Natsu stopped, looking down at me before I gave him a soft smile. He returned the gesture before returning to the story, "...and even then they still remained with one another, their love for stronger than any other. His feelings for her growing stronger each day, and hers with each smile he gave her." He closed the book, looking over at the sleeping girl in the bed.

"She never makes it past that page..." he chuckled, I smiled and got up from the floor, Natsu putting the book back on the shelf before grabbing my hand and leading me toward our bedroom.

Hey everybody! Sorry i took a weekend off but im trying to update as much as I can I just have to do some personal things then mt schedule should be back to normal :)