Part three-chapter four: dont push it

Our first destination to rebuild Fairy tail was Margaret, home to Lamia Scale. From what Lucy had gathered there were multiple eye witness reports about Wendy being spotted there.

It's been about two days since we left Crocus, currently we were checking into a motel just outside of Margaret and had agreed to head into the town during the late morning.

"Alright so due to some new restrictions I can only have three people per room, we got a large suite and a small room available. Take ya pick for who stays where."

"Does that include animals?" Happy asked, the in-keep scoffed and shook her head no. Happy turned his attention to the kids, I watched out of the corner of my eye as Igneel helped his younger sister walk around the waiting area.

"If you two don't mind, I'll stay with the kids-" Lucy offered, Natsu interjected explaining how it was late and both Lucy and I had been watching over the kids almost all day. Which was an absolute lie.

"Natsu are you sure? You helped out a lot on the way here...I'll just stay with them-"

"Nope. You need the rest n/n, both you and Lucy do. The kids and I will be fine anyway, don't worry about it!" He reassured, I sighed, giving in to the room assignments and explaining to the woman our decision. The woman nodded, leaving into some sort of backroom to go grab something while we waited.

Haruna approached us slowly, being extremely cautious of every step she took so she wouldn't trip. She looked so adorable with her pink hair in pigtails.

The small girl wobbled to her father, grabbing the bottom of his pants with her hand, staring up at him with her big e/c eyes. I watched as the male smiled at her before lifting her up above him and moving her side to side a bit.

"Looks like you're staying with me princess!" He cooed, the little girl giggled and flashed her father a gummy smile before her lowered her down, cradling her in an attempt to get her at least a bit sleepy. Soon her older brother walked forward, with a sleeping blue exceed in his arms. The boy stumbled while walking before using his father as a support beam.

After a few minutes the woman came back, handing us the keys as we paid for the rooms. I watched as Natsu lifted up his son off the ground and swung him over his shoulder like a rag doll before leading us all to our rooms.

Lucy had gone ahead into our room, saying her goodnights before doing so. In the meantime I had followed Natsu into his room and took our daughter out of his embrace before he rested our son gently onto a bed.

Haruna yawned as I took the hair ties out of her hair, her short pink hair falling into small waves in the middle. I slung a backpack off my shoulder, opening it up and changing her diaper fairly quickly before putting her into a small white nightgown and placing a pacifier in her mouth.

I handed her over to Natsu gently and whispered, "she gets heated up really easily, if she wakes up in the middle of the night open a window and rock her...if there are any problems wake me up." The dragon slayer nodded, grabbing my hand suddenly. He pecked my forehead gently, whispering a faint goodnight causing me to smile and blush.

"Goodnight..." I whispered, exiting the room and entering my own.

The blonde was already face down on the mattress when I walked in, her left boot just dangling slightly from her foot, like she was too tired to remove it completely.

She groaned before getting up and looking over at a clock on the wall as I changed out of my casual clothes and into a random shirt.

"What time is it?"

"It says its eight but thats wrong, sundown happened over three hours ago...ugh"

I threw myself onto the bed, listening to Lucy as she continued on about how she wanted to rewrite the novel she had been working on and start a new one.