Part three-chapter seventeen: game over

Y/n stared at her mother for a second, before moving her hand to the side. The soldiers moved, showing off a badly injured Elaine who was staring up at her daughter with pleasing eyes.

"Darling, how did you-"

"Im a wizard mother, this isn't the first time I've had to put my acting to use."

"How- what happened to Nira and Reida?!"

"Simple, I sealed them away."

The older woman growled, she attempted to use her magic to get away but to no avail. She was stuck.

"What did you do to me?!"

"A simple hex, mother dearest. As long as your bound by my magic you cant use yours, its a quite powerful hex, no?" She asked, the younger woman pulling her mother close, leaving her only centimeters away from her face.

"All I have to do is touch you and you're under my control, game over mother" she threatened, her hand just barely ghosting her shoulder.

"Wait! How about a little wager?" She pleaded, closing her eyes before opening them to see the smugness of her daughter's face.

Y/n cocked her eyebrow a bit, smiling as she looked toward her mother.

"What kind of wager did you have in mind?"

"A fight, one on one. If I win, you return Nira and Reida."

"And if I win?"

"You gain control and your idiot husband stays alive."

The younger woman pondered for a second, kicking her mother a few feet away and releasing the chain that had once removed her magic abilities. The woman sighed in relief, dusting off her garment.

'How on earth did she catch me off guard like that, ive been watching her for the entirety of her life! Theres no way, I would have picked up on it...' she questioned, her daughter continued to stare at her awaiting for the fight to begin.

The two each manifested chains into their hands, the only difference being that her mother also held her sword in her hand. The older woman smiled, knowing that all she had to do was get her with the sword once and she would win, however, there were still small issues with that plan that needed to be resolved.

"What're you waiting for lady?" Y/n asked, impatiently tapping her foot against the cobblestone street.

The older woman made the first move, attempting to tangle up their chains in attempt to give herself the leverage. All the older woman knew was that she couldn't be touched, that was it.

The two of them continued back and forth, chain impacting with chain. The clanking of the metal filling the empty street.

"Stop fighting me you ignorant child! If you stop we could rule together! We could eliminate everyone who has ever done you harm!"

"Why are you even siding with Zeref?! Just for control of Alvarez once he's gone?!"

"Exactly! I'll show those idiot monarchs that I am not one to be discarded!"she shouted, her sword making contact with y/n's chain. The younger woman pushed the older one off, watching as her back made contact with the wall.

Y/n smiled, making her way toward the woman, grabbing her sword off the floor and holding it to her neck.

"Game over mother dearest." She said, a small smile presenting itself on her face. Her mother coughed, then continuing to laugh it off.

"Look behind you." She shouted, y/n quickly turned as someones hand made sudden contact with her stomach. She hissed in pain as she slowly fell to the ground, holding her stomach.