Part three-chapter twenty one: carry on

One month, I've been growing weaker and weaker each day.

At first it was only the abdominal pains but now its reached throughout my torso, the pain only stopping at the edge where my limbs begin.

Now wasn't the time to dwell on my pain, the only thing I can do is carry on. We've been planning for weeks and its finally here.

My dress was almost exactly the same as it was before, except the train was longer and removable. Along with that, I also had a veil being held atop my head by a tiny tiara with red gems. I smiled into the mirror, I wasn't going to let anything ruin this day.

Levy adjusted her hair beside me before a knock came from the door, the short blue haired woman running over to open it.

The rest of the girls in the room soon filed out, linking their arms and leaving with the groomsmen (and woman) who would accompany them down the aisle. I gazed at the mirror in awe, the last time I was in this position I was miserable, viewing the wedding as if it it were some sacrifice for the greater good.

This time however, I was excited. Sure we were already married but, now we're having the ceremony we wanted with our friends and family. And I couldn't ask for anything else.

I heard the door creek a bit, turning my attention to Master Makarov.

"Are you ready my child?"

"Of course"

He smiled, taking my hand as the two of us walked down the long corridor of the ceremony venue. We stopped in front of two large doors opening up to the sound of music and the view of all my loved ones sitting and staring at me.

My eyes darted to the man standing at the alter, smiling as he waited for me.

Once we had reached the alter master Makarov put our hand together, allowing for Natsu to help me up onto the alter. The two of us smiled at one another, unable to contain the overwhelming happiness we were feeling in that moment.

"And now for the vows"

The fire mage smiled a bit, clearing his throat before beginning to recite his vows.

"I remember the exact day you walked into the guildhall, I was sitting over at a table listening to Gray and Cana talk and all of a sudden you and Laxus walk in...I remember thinking that you were different, I mean I didn't know how, I just knew you were. And, for once, I was right. I remember the day I realized I was completely in love with you, it was the day we went to go see that play with the prince, and princess losing her kingdom we were only sixteen but after seeing everything you had been through at that time... I wanted to be yours so I could show you how much I love you. You are my voice of reason and my saving grace. I love you, so much, and I don't know what I'd do without you, I'll always be with you."

His hand gently caressed my cheek while I displayed a gentle smile, I placed my own hand on top of his before lowering it down.

"Do you remember when we had our first kiss?"

"The night everyone was out looking for Loke, how could I forget"

"No, our actual first kiss. We were fifteen and neither of us had ever kissed anyone before, we were sitting at our spot on the hill and just...did it. That was the moment I fell in love with you, and it wasn't until we were nineteen that I fully committed to those feelings. And, I have to say, the night I did was the best night of my life. A lot has happened in the past few years but, we always came back to each other... I will always be by your side, no matter what I'll be right there. You mean everything to me, I love you so much"

He continued holding my hands, looking at me with a soft smile on his face, and I could see the glistening of tears in the corners of his eyes.

The officiant called for the rings, both Igneel and Jess standing up and grabbing the pillows beside them. The two of them took their places beside one of us, I watched as Igneel handed his father the same ring he had gifted me over a month ago.