Part two-chapter twenty seven: surprise

"Natsu...are you gonna be okay here by yourself? I don't have to go to the check up-"

"No no, you should go, I'll be good." The fire mage stood up from the sofa and walked over to me, hugging my tightly and pecking my forehead.

"Just be careful, okay?"

"Promise, I'll be back in an hour tops, leftovers on the counter and make sure Iggy gets up in time when Bisca and Asuka get here-"

"Yeah yeah I get it, now go! I'll be okay here"

I sighed and blew the mage a kiss before walking out the front door. It had been almost three weeks since Tartaros and things haven't been easy, my grandmother was taken in by the council for questioning and Natsu was slowly beginning to control his grief in a healthy way.

I was currently on my way to Porlyusica's because my body temperature regularly began to decline lately and lately I've been trying to eat fire from almost anywhere. Just yesterday when I was making dinner I almost shoved my head onto the burner.

I arrived inside the small cottage in the woods and sat down at a small resting area as she asked me various questions.

"Sleeping?"

"6-8 hours"

"Meals?"

"3 main ones with the 2 snacks throughout the day and dessert"

"Oh and our favorite question, when was the last time you were sexually active?"

"Umm at the games I believe, the second day?"

The older woman recorded her answers before grabbing a syringe injecting me with something before mashing some herbs into a powder, placing them into a baggie and handing them to me.

"Now these are in case you have another episode where you lose consciousness, make sure to teach Salamander how to use them on you just in case. Now I'm going to do a quick test using the fluid I just injected inside of you. Tell me if you feel something like...butterflies in your stomach."

I nodded and the two of us sat there for a few seconds, that is until my cheeks began to heat up, and a familiar feeling of butterflies in my stomach arrived.

"I feel it."

"Thats what I suspected, well you're expecting again, I believe a congratulations are in order, come by tomorrow some tests so we can determine just how far along you are. Remember, no alcohol, no fish, etc..."

I nodded and thanked the older woman, grabbing the herbs and leaving the house to return to my my husband.

Over the past few weeks Natsu had been getting better about handling everything that had been going on, mainly using job requests to slowly distract himself.

Since the guildhall had been obliterated during our war with Tartaros, construction wasn't going to being until the end of the month, meaning we would have to take requests from the citizens around Magnolia or accompany others from different guilds on their jobs.

After a few minutes I arrived back at the house, announcing my presence once I walked through the door.

Natsu walked out of our bedroom, hugging my tightly once I had walked through the door.

"So what'd she say?"

"Everything is fine, she gave me some herbs in case I having an episode again, and, I have a little bit of a surprise for you! But it'll have to wait till later"

"N/n you know I'm iffy about surprises-"

"I know! But please? Im sure you'll like it"

The mage sighed, chuckling lightly before giving me kiss, muttering a small fine.

Natsu stood up and grabbed my hand, dragging me out the front door of the house and toward a familiar mountain trail.

"Natsu im not hiking in wedges-"

"I'll carry you then, cmon your majesty" he joked, I rolled my eyes and walked along side him for a bit. We casually chatted for a bit before Natsu pulled something out of his pocket, handing it to me.

"I forgot to tell you...you got a letter from the council. I didn't read it! I know you hate when I do that, but here."

I muttered a small thank you as we continued walking and opened up the letter.

"Dear Mrs. Y/n Dragneel,

I hope this letter finds you in good health, and my deepest condolences for the pain and distress you and your comrades are going through at the moment, however I have some information regarding your grandmother, if it is at all possible, we would be appreciative if you come in some time in the next few weeks to question her about your family...

Best wishes, Mest Gryder"

I put the letter into my bag, looking out toward the view we had of Magnolia.

"Are you gonna go?"

"Should I? I dont even know that woman, I wouldn't be that much help anyway..."

"Hey, don't worry about that right now...sleep on it and we'll see what happens."

I nodded and grabbed the fire mage's hand, gripping it tightly as we continued hiking up toward our spot.

"Y'know hearing my last name with yours, is somethin im not used to yet..."

"Oh really? Well then would you prefer my last name?"

"Not sure if Natsu L/n has a good ring to it, also-" Natsu stopped himself and turned to me, lifting me up and carrying me bridal style and smiling before continuing.

"I said I wasn't used to it, not that I didn't like it!" He shouted, I blushed and chuckled softly as continued carrying me the rest of the way up to our spot.

The dragon slayer set me down gently once we had gotten to a familiar small field of grass and Magnolia flowers, the two of us leaning against a tree.

"When was the last time we came here together?"

"My nineteenth birthday, four months before you left for Tenrou."

The two of us stayed silent after I had said that, it wasn't an awkward silence more so than it was uncomfortable.

I felt Natsu reach for my hand, holding it tightly.

"Y/n, I promise...I will never ever leave you alone again and I'm GOING to get stronger so I can protect you, our son, and our friends."

I bit my lip anxiously, looking away from the man before he grabbed my chin, forcing me to face him.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing!"

"Y/n."

"Its nothing! Just..."

"Just what?"

"You might wanna add one more person on that list..."