Part two-chapter seventeen: bad feeling

It had just occurred to me that I hadn't seen a single signal flare come out from the castle, my stomach churned in anxiety as my brain began to throw out scenarios that terrified me.

I looked back at the team, all five of the reporting that they hadn't seen any signal flares at all. I had a bad feeling about whatever was going on and turned to my team, confiding in them for a second.

"I have a horrible feeling about this, im going to go check on them. If anything happens, guard my son with your lives."

Everyone nodded, telling me to be safe before I took off. I used my magic to get up onto a roof and ran all the way to the palace gate, I noticed a sea of guards flooding into the palace and decided to follow them.

I got up onto the rafters of the palace, slowly following the guards into a corridor, there I saw our rescue team, along with Lucy, Yukino and, oddly, another Lucy. They were being attacked by the executioner squad who seemed to be roughed up already.

I jumped down from the rafters and landed beside Lucy and Yukino.

"Everyone stop!" I yelled, every guard in the hallway turned to me bowing, the head executioner, Kama, attempting to defend himself.

"The commander himself asked for these mages to be dealt with your majesty! why are you defending them?"

"They are my comrades! The dragon slayer also happens to be my husband!"

The execution squad stared at me for a second before apologizing to me and the team, I forgave them and waved them off before someone behind me began to cry.

I felt someone hug me tightly, sobbing into my back, I turned my head and noticed it was the other Lucy. I turned around completely and hugged her tightly, softly shushing her in an attempt to calm her down while caressing the back of her head.

She sniffled a bit before wiping the tears from her eyes, and apologizing.

"I'm sorry- its just...im from the future and I came to warn you all about the dragons coming to overtake the world- the last time I saw you- you were-" she choked up a bit before crying again, I pulled her into a hug and comforted her.

"Its alright, id imagine you've been through a lot, now-"

Suddenly screams filled the hall completely, soldiers and guards were sinking into the ground, the executioners as well. I dashed toward one of the guards and took his hand, but it was no use. Every single one of them were sucked into the floor, there in front of us, a man stood, Introducing himself as Rogue from seven years in the future and how his goal is to defeat the dragons.

"Great, thats all I needed to know! We can beat the dragons together"

"In my time, less than 10% of humans survive and of course, Eclipse didn't have the power it has now"

"Amazing, so we just open the gate and start kicking ass-"

"However, there is someone currently present here, who stopped us from opening the Eclipse. Because of them we weren't able to use the Eclipse cannon. My goal is to erase them."

I stared at the man wide eyed before stepping forward "that seems a little extreme, dont you think if you just explained to them they wouldn't bud in? Theres no need to kill anyone"

"People cannot run from fate, this is the only way"

"Who even got in the way?"

Future Rogue looked at the floor for a second before manifesting a powerful blast into his hand.

"It was you, Lucy Heartfelia!" He yelled, he shot the blast in her direction. I attempted to use my magic to pull her to safety but nothing came out, it was as if I had run out of energy, but I know I didn't.

Future Lucy jumped in front of her, sacrificing herself, pleading her innocence as future Rogue yelled at her. I cried and yelled at him to shut up, ripping a long piece of her cloak and attempting to slow the bleeding. I comforted the injured woman, assuring her everything was going to be okay. The woman smiled at me turning her attention to our Lucy and expressing how without her, she doesn't exist. She turned to happy, caressing his cheek with one hand while the other held mine.

I began to sob heavily as I could physically see the color draining from her eyes she asked for Lucy to show her guild mark which she did, she  then turned to me and smiled, "save the future...if not for me...then do it for Igneel and Tsumi-" she whispered, I felt her hand go limp in mine. Lucy and I cried into each other, i felt an increase in magic energy behind me, I pushed us both to the floor. I turned only to see Natsu with a fist of flames.

"To hell with that fate! Im not letting you steal anyones future!" The pink haired male turned to us, small tears spilling from the corner of his eyes.

"Y/n! Get Lucy out of here!"

I nodded and picked up happy and grabbed Lucy's hand, lifting her up from the floor. We ran down the hallway, the sound of unintelligible yelling coming from down the hall. I pushed Lucy in front of me, that way incase he fired again I would get hit instead.

When we got outside Arcadios had informed us of the Eclipses firing, that there was no need to hide and preparations had been made and followed through with.

Darton and Arcadios congratulated us on our victory, Hisui then proceeded by briefly telling us about how our father had his own plan as a back up.

The gate slowly opened, a bright light flashing all of us.

Lucy was quiet, deep in thought as the gate opened. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked, Lucy's head shot up "we have to close it!" She yelled, all of us looked at her puzzled.

"Why would we close it?"

"Its not a weapon! Its just a door connecting to four hundred years-" before she could finish her sentence the ground shook, we all looked toward the door in complete shock as dragons began to flow out the door.

Lucy ran toward the door along with Yukino, the two of them successfully closing the door. I walked toward my sister, who was currently breaking down because of her decisions, I assured her it wasn't her own fault before turning toward General Arcadios.

"How many dragons escaped?!"

"Seven I believe-"

Before I could even begin to think of a plan, someone began to slow clap behind us.

————

CURRENTLY HAVE A 1K ONE SHOT SPECIAL IN THE WORKS SO BE READY :) AND THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 1k BTW I DON'T REMEMBER IF I SAID THAT BUT IM SAYING IT NOW THANK YOU!!!!