Part three-chapter fourteen: in my way

I woke up to the scent of something burning, I looked around the room I was in and attempted to piece together whatever had happened to me.

I noticed a few large lit candles by my feet, as well as two people in cloaks seating in the middle of it. I studied the area, noticing that the room I was in looked almost the same as the room with a singular tank. A tank that resembled the one I had been put in during the fight with Alvarez a year ago.

I looked down at my feet, noticing that I was almost entirely naked, my more intimate areas covered by a few tattered old rags. I quickly began to swing my legs, in hope to elevate myself just enough for my chains to reach the rafters so I could make a quick escape.

Suddenly, the two cloaked figures stood up, dropping their coats to reveal two women, one who was a dark coal color, while the other was a bright yellow.

"Ooh! Shes awake!" The yellow one said, the other woman rolling her eyes before crossing her arms.

"Yeah I see that dummy! Go fetch mother!" She demanded, and just like that she disappeared out of thin air.

"Where the hell am I? Who are you?" I questioned, the girl only giggled as a taller woman approached.

The woman wore a dark blue body tight dress, a train attached to the skirt and a cape over it. The woman smiled, pushing her h/c hair to the side and glancing up and down my body.

"Hm, it seems they were correct, you did inherit all my best features"

"Mother?"

"In the flesh- darling don't hyperventilate, it'll make you age atrociously"

My heart began to race and my breathing quickened, the woman who I had thought was dead my whole life was standing in front of me.

"Oh dear, Nira, Reida, get her down."

"But mother-"

"Now, Nira."

The soot covered girl huffed, calling over her golden sister and carefully releasing me from the handcuffs and chains that had once confined me.

"I thought you were dead?"

"Oh please, your father only said that to please his 'precious wife' and his own father. It was the same reason that wench of a women left my poor baby to those awful people."

"Awful people? Wait...how did you-"

"All will be explained soon, now follow me, i must get you ready in time for the ceremony."

My mother grabbed my hand, snapping her fingers before we suddenly appeared in a large bedroom.

The bedroom looked extremely luxurious, in fact, it looked quite a bit like my bedroom back at the palace.

My mother handed me a corset and a black dress, along with a pair of boots. She shooed me off into the bathroom, two towels already laid out for me. I looked around the bathroom, seeing if there was something I could escape from.

As much as I'd been dreaming about this day, I had a family to go back to as well as a possible invasion to worry about.

I sighed, realizing there was no exit and decided to just take the shower. I turned the knob, allowing for the warm water to spill from the shower head. I stripped off the two pieces of fabric covering my intimate areas and hopped in.

I let out a soft moan as the water ran down my back, which had been aching since I've been awake.

I began to lather my body in soap before beginning to wash my hair, which, was a lengthy process but non the less was worth it.