Part one-chapter twenty: year x785

It was still dark outside when I woke up, I got up and looked over at the small bassinet beside my bed, the small pink haired baby still sound asleep thankfully.

I got up from the large bed and opened the balcony door, staring out toward the street lights illuminating the capitol. The sound of music could be heard faintly from the balcony, drunken guild masters and members piled out of the banquet hall.

I don't really care who won, if out entire guild were still together, we'd be unstoppable.

I walked over to my vanity looking at the date and sighing, i went into my closet and pulled out a travel bag, I grabbed a two nightgowns as well as some casual outfits and put them into the bag. Then I grabbed a diaper bag from a small portion of said closet and put it beside my own, Bunty opened the doors and came in quietly. The woman grabbed the two bags and took them down stairs, I grabbed my satchel and placed a small folded picture in there, along with jewels.

I walked over to the small bassinet and carefully lifted up the small baby, still sleeping. I closed the balcony doors before leaving the bedroom. Quietly saying goodbye and goodnight to my father and half sister before getting into the carriage out in the front.

I got in and sat down, looking out the window. Its been over a year since they were legally declared dead, since then I do whatever I can to help the guild. During weekdays I work at the castle under my father and I send most of my money to the guild each month just to get some sort of traction going. On weekends I visit the guild with the baby, I know Natsu would've wanted for our son to hold the guild as close to his heart as he did.

Suddenly I felt a small fist hit my back, followed by babbling.

"Good morning baby, how'd you sleep buddy?" The boy babbled some more before smiling, I smiled in return and pinched his nose gently, making him smile in return.

|||

"N/n! Hi iggy!"

"Hi Romeo, wheres your dad?"

"He's in the masters office, would you like for me to hold Igneel for you y/n?"

"Thank you Reedus. I'll be back buddy, okay? Be good!" The baby smiled as I handed him to the artist, knowing that once Alzack and Bisca got back he'd hand Igneel over to them.

I walked away from the table and walked into a smaller room behind the bar, there Macao was sitting, filing paperwork. I carefully closed the door and took out an envelope from my satchel, placing it on his desk.

"Whats this?"

"A donation."

"From who?"

"Who do you think you geezer? Me, obviously."

The man stood up and hugged me, crying slightly before letting go.

"Thank you y/n..."

"Of course Macao, were family, ill do anything I can to help."

I left the room and walked over to Reedus, who immediately handed me Igneel before handing me a large piece of paper.

"Is this?"

"Oui, its a painting of the day they left. Its been a year and I keep forgetting to give it to you, my apologies."

"Thank you Reedus. Im gonna head over to the house now, get settled and do some cleaning."

"Oui, be safe y/n"

I nodded and left the guild hall, walking over to a small shack with a sign in front of it. I grabbed my key and walked into the house, not much had changed since last weekend just more dust.

I put down Igneel on the hammock, grabbing a chair and then sitting on it while rocking him to sleep.

I looked down at the picture Reedus had given me, smiling down on it. Every single day I've told myself to have hope, they would never go down so easily. But still, theres a small part of me that thinks their gone.